How do I set up a "kit"?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
Hi sorry for the newb question but I've searched the documentation and can't find where it talks about setting up "kits".  I need to setup a product as a "kit" but I'd like some guidance. Thanks in advance.
Hace 13 años
hi, use product attributes to do this

you need to create attributes with values that have price adjustments

look at the attributes screencast

https://www.nopcommerce.com/screencasts.aspx

visit this product in the demo store :
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/administration/ProductVariantDetails.aspx?ProductVariantID=76

and look at 'product varient attributes' tab (with particular attention to 'values' - writing in orange are links)
Hace 13 años
In the example you used in the video, the options (attributes) are presumably inventory items that need to be tracked... you need to know how many sticks of RAM, how many of each CPU type, etc. are still in your inventory... but those are not in the products tables... so inventory is not tracked.

Is there a simple wat to group actual inventory products into "kits" so that when a customer adds the kit to their order, each of the individual product items are added for them?

Unless I am missing something, I don't think it's possible at this point. Unless someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to begin modifying to make this work...

thanks.
Hace 13 años
hi,
I'm facing the same problem and it is not possible using standard NOP.
I also missing the fact that you cannot see any details of the product variant attributes you add.
Best regards
Hace 13 años
I'm working on this now.
The route I'm taking is to use a shared wish list (similar to NewEgg.com)... so you could create a wishlist that represents a "kit", share that wishlist with everyone... then any user could add the wishlist to their cart using the OOTB functionality.

This seemed simpler than adding a recusive ID field to the products table.

If anyone has input, it would be appreciated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.