How to create new Plugin?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 6 años
Hello

What kind of project should i use in order to create a new plugin (VS2017)? It seems like something changed since you (nop team) moved to .net core... the existing plugins use some new project type, can't figure out what's changed...

Thanks!
Hace 6 años
MagicMax wrote:
Hello

What kind of project should i use in order to create a new plugin (VS2017)? It seems like something changed since you (nop team) moved to .net core... the existing plugins use some new project type, can't figure out what's changed...

Thanks!

Go through ==>Nop.Plugin.Feed.GoogleShopping

Description.txt changed to plugin.json file

Nop Team will release a documentation soon for nop 4.00

Note: nop 4.00 is not released yet.
Hace 6 años
Thanks but my question is about VS2017 - what type of project should i use in order to create a new plugin? I understand that it should be class libriary but it could be:
1. Windows Universal
2. Windows Desktop Classic
3. .Net Core
4. .Net Standard
and the documentation (for developers) is out of the date! I can't even move my "old" (developed about 6 monthes ago - several plugins) code to the new type of solution...  also i can't develop any new plugin for the new version of nop commerce...

I tried all options but without any luck. And it's not good to see undocumented meta/base changes in the code and even in the solution structure, and also i'd say that IMHO it's not good idea to jump to .net core as it changes a lot of things in the solition plus IDE works very slow with it. I already saw a complains about slowness of the solution so I can see the same things here...
Hace 6 años
First thing, be patient!
It takes time to learn a new framework, changes, and developing plugin, all are in hurry to convert their plugins to newer version, but really think to give your hand to make newer version more stable first!

Let's come to the questions:

MagicMax wrote:
what type of project should i use in order to create a new plugin? I understand that it should be class libriary

It should be Class Library(.NET core)

MagicMax wrote:
and the documentation (for developers) is out of the date!

Not at all, it's updated as per the last release 3.90  

MagicMax wrote:
also i can't develop any new plugin for the new version of nop commerce...

You can refer any default plugin to develop your plugin, and it's pretty much easy, even if you are not able to develop..leave it for a now, As Mr.Sohel said Nop Team will release a documentation soon for nop 4.00

MagicMax wrote:
i'd say that IMHO it's not good idea to jump to .net core as it changes a lot of things in the solution

May be, but .NET Core is now more matured!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.