Confirming Kit functionality doesn't exist..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 6 años
Hi,

I need to be able to take an arbitrary group of products, define that group as an entity, and include it as a configurable option in an arbitrary number of "kits", that is, configurable products.

So far I've found:
*Grouped variants doesn't work because each product can only belong to a single kit.
*Product attributes doesn't work because you cannot save a list of associated products for each attribute. You have to do them one by one for each kit. Not only is this a lot of work but also it would make centrally updating the options for all kits they are in impossible. This is strange btw because you can predefine values for each attribute, just not associated products. Probably would make a logical extension to that functionality.

I want to confirm there is no third option I'm missing. NopModularProducts plugin looks like it'd work except no 4.0 version yet.

Thanks.
Hace 6 años
I've installed 3.90 to test the modular plugin and it's only limited to a very specific purpose: make a product into a set of products where you can adjust the quantity of the set constituents. There is no way to save and reuse the set, which is what I need.
Hace 6 años
I don't quite get what you want, but have you considered creating a product as template and replicate it with the Copy option that  is available when editing a product?
Hace 6 años
The problem with that would be updating.

Example:
---
Kit 1
  Product Option Group 1
    Product A
    Product B
  Product Option Group 2
    Product C
    Product D

Kit 2
  Product Option Group 1
    Product A
    Product B
  Product Option Group 3
    Product C
    Product E
---

If the Option Group 1 is updated to consist of, say, A, B, C and F, both kits should now reflect that.

Currently I'm thinking of extending the preset attribute table to include associated products, then have the product attribute values read directly from that table.

So each option group would be an attribute and it's preset values would be the products in it.
Hace 6 años
I am also VERY interested in any solution(s) you find...

IMO, there should be a type of "shared" attribute which allows for:

-- a centrally maintained set of values (not modified per product)
-- a CHOICE to allow 'override' of certain values (unique images, etc.)
-- being displayed together 'seamlessly' with other product attributes (not specifications)

I am also interested in finding a solution to a "grid" type display of choices with Quantity entry for each choice that would allow for a "kit" of choices to be customized by the customer and added to the cart in one click (even if added to the cart as distinct product line items).

Example:
  Product Choice A ____ Quantity
  Product Choice B ____ Quantity
  Product Choice C ____ Quantity
  Product Choice D ____ Quantity

>>>>> ADD TO CART <<<<<
Hace 6 años
That's what I'm doing - although I won't have time to clean it up to submit a PR or write a plugin anytime soon, I'd be happy to share the code once done.

Under the current setup Product Attributes have a "Dynamic Link" field. If one of those products are added to a product,  then per product values are ignored and instead values from the predefined values are presented. Finally, the predefined values are expanded to include associated products. Quantity will also be adjustable.
Hace 6 años
That would be awesome... Thanks!

I look forward to working to find the best solution and will gladly share what we find.
Hace 5 años
Hi guys,

Did you ever land on a solution for this? We've got exactly the same requirement.

Many thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.