Feature Request: After plugin installed action

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 6 años
Hi

It would be useful if we had the ability to perform some action (redirect?) after a plugin is installed. For example, a plugin i'm creating adds settings however the values of the settings must be set in admin before the feature can be used. So,  i would like to redirect the user to a page that describes the required action necessary for the plugin to function.
Hace 6 años
Hi Sean,

Do you mean redirect only? What else do you think it can be?

What kind of a page do you mean? A plugin configuration page?
Hace 6 años
a.m. wrote:
Hi Sean,

Do you mean redirect only? What else do you think it can be?

What kind of a page do you mean? A plugin configuration page?

Hi Andrei

Yes possibly an Action on the plugin controller that can show a specific view, maybe redirect to the configuration route for the plugin, the developer chooses what happens. After plugin install it could detect if there is data that can be imported for example, i've uninstalled a plugin for an upgrade now i want to re-install and import the backed up data. Maybe its a fringe use-case but I see value in having more control during plugin install/uninstall.

Also I've thought it could be very helpful if there was a "before uninstall" action. Questions such as "Do you want to delete the database tables or do you want to backup the database tables" could be answered.

Maybe i'll have a look at these myself ;)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.