Supporting swfs (flash) for product pictures

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
Hi folks--

I know this is not out of the box, but I wonder if anyone has done development to add support for using flash for product pictures? I'm looking into to doing this and could not find any discussion of it.
Hace 13 años
just to let you know, if you are thinking of doing this kind of modification with your website, it will make your website/webpage very slow as running multiple flash files is not a good idea.
If you are going to upload flash images for products,
the page that shows all the products in any category will become difficult to open as there will be multiple flash/.swf files running at the same time.
your website will become specific to users, what if anyone doesn't have flash installed / enables in the browser ? that user won't be able to see the product images....
just wanted you to be aware of these dis-advantages of using multiple flash files ......
Hace 13 años
Hi Mike--

Good point to make sure we handled having a static image thumbnail so that in category view it doesn't clobber the browser and then just use the flash for the detail photo on the product page.

I think that I'll sneak it on via a product template that checks to see if there is a swf for that product on the file system...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.