Souce code development

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
I download source code and open as web site in vs2008.
What changes do I have made to debug local in visual studio - file sistem to preview in browser? than I can develop
When I start to debug I got this error
Error  102  It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.  E:\nopCommerce\NopCommerceStore\web.config  93  

Thanx,

Ivan
Hace 13 años
Try placing the sourcecode in a folder in the web directory (default C:\inetpub\wwwroot)

Because based on the error it looks like your environment (IIS) doesn't realize that it is a web application.

BR
Joakim
Hace 13 años
Now, I downloading vs2010, then will try to build project and view in browser (ie). But in any case, need step by step instruction after downloading source code and opening in vs.
For now I have vs2008 3.5, sql 2008 express on windows vista

thx

Ivan
Hace 13 años
For nopCommerce 1.70 you need VS2010 and .net framework 4, so if it's 1.70 you have downloaded that could also explain the error message in VS2008.

Br
Joakim
Hace 13 años
ok, after instalation vs2010 just need to open as web site nopCommerce souce code?! Then I can successfully build and preview in browser?
Did I need to make some modification in webconfig file, and maybe attach database or anything else?

thx,
Ivan
Hace 13 años
If you are missing connectionstrings nopcommerce will automatically start the installation of the shop, but if you have a configured database you want to connect to you must add your connection string in the file called:
ConnectionStrings.config

You must also put the source code in a folder that resides where IIS points, normally C:\Inetpub\wwwroot on your computer, then it's just to open in VS and compile.

BR
Joakim
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.