Bulk Upload of Products from Excel Spreadsheet

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
I am trying to upload several products at once and was wondering if there is a trick to uploading an excel spreadsheet with all the products on it.  I got an error message the first time.  Now I have set up a product manually and have downloaded that product.  Do I just need to fill in the same fields that are on the downloaded spreadsheet for the rest of the items, then upload?...Is there a excel format that must be used for a multilply product upload?  Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Hace 13 años
I sure could use some help here.  I set up a product manually then downloaded that product to an excel spreadsheet.  I then put 5 more products in the excel spreadsheet being sure to fill in the same fields that were filled in when I downloaded.  I tried to upload and I get this error "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types." and it will not upload the products.  Can anyone tell me what this error is please?
Hace 13 años
MMERSCH wrote:
"Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types." and it will not upload the products.  Can anyone tell me what this error is please?

You do everything right
I guess one of the fields in excel was left empty
Hace 13 años
Thank you for posting,

You are correct..i actually figured it out...but I had the date field as a true date and it needs to be formatted as text...and I had one field blank.  Once I made those two changes, it uploaded fine.  Thank you for replying
Mark
Hace 13 años
I am getting this error: "'Products$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long. "  any ideas?
Hace 13 años
Why the dollar sign at the end? Maybe it's causing the problem, does it appear in excel ?
Hace 13 años
No there is not a dollar sign in excel, searched for that string and nothing turned up. I even saved the file as ANSI to make sure there were not any Unicode characters that often cause data import problems.
Hace 13 años
Netsyllic:

You need to name the sheet inside your Excel workbook to Product. The error is telling you that it can not find that sheet with that name.  It is a requirement in the code that you use that specific name.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.