Shipping - Don't show certain options based on weight

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
Good Evenng,

Something I have found a bit stupid with the Shipping part of the shop and wondering if there is a fix?

Basically I have several shipping options all based by weight. For instance:

1 to 2 Day    0kg to 0.1kg  £0.50
1 to 2 day    0.101 to 0.25 £1.00
Courier        10    to 14.9   £20.00
Online                                0.00

You get my gist.

Right for instance my courier option only starts at 10KG or higher I have not entered anything under 10KG so if I put a 0.100 weight item into my basket and goto checkout it gives me the Courier option at £0.00 - when truly I haven't put in an option to ship a 100gramm item via courier. I want that option to not appear.

Any way of doing this?

Regards,
Max
Hace 13 años
I have made this change in my shop (which is based on 1.6), you need to change the code to get this done, it's a matter och adding a line of code.

Find the function called "public ShippingOptionCollection GetShippingOptions(ShipmentPackage shipmentPackage, ref string error)" in the file ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.

Add the below line just above the line:
shippingOptions.Add(shippingOption);

if (SettingManager.GetSettingValueBoolean("ShippingByWeight.ShowOnlyMethodWithWeightInRange", true) && shippingByWeight != null)

So it looks like:
                if (SettingManager.GetSettingValueBoolean("ShippingByWeight.ShowOnlyMethodWithWeightInRange", true) && shippingByWeight != null)
                {
                    // Only add this option if the weights are in the correct zone.
                    shippingOptions.Add(shippingOption);
                }

Build and deploy, that's it...

BR
Joakim
Hace 13 años
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what file its located in as I can't open the project in VS08 just downloaded the VS10 trial to edit it and that can't open the project either so If I know what file I can just open it in notepad to edit.

Thanks,
Max
Hace 13 años
Find the file here:
Shipping\Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight\ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.cs
Hace 13 años
Hi, Thanks I think I have found where its meant to go but the project will not open in VS so that I can build it???

Am I doing something wrong? I have downloaded and installed VS 2010 Pro Trial but it says the project was made in a different version but its .net 4 so must be 2010.

Can someone provide some help for me or if they are able to build my files I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Max
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.