Trying to get product from picture

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
I'm trying to work my way from picture to product via productpicture. The problem I see is that the relationship from productpicture to picture is not a 1to1 but a *to1. Could a picture ever be linked to multiple productpictures?
Hace 13 años
bhiers wrote:
I'm trying to work my way from picture to product via productpicture. The problem I see is that the relationship from productpicture to picture is not a 1to1 but a *to1. Could a picture ever be linked to multiple productpictures?

What problem are you having accessing a Product from a ProductPicture? The ProductPicture class has properties for PictureId and ProductId.  

The table Nop_ProductPicture works as a junction table so just as a product can have multiple pictures, a picture can have multiple products. Therefore, both Nop_Picture and Nop_Product relate to Nop_ProductPicture as one-to-many (Nop_Picture and Nop_Product are essentially related as many-to-many through this table). You would have to manually update the table and reuse a picture id to have a picture used for multiple products as there is no interface in nopCommerce to select an existing (in Nop_Picture) picture for a product.

Hace 13 años
I understand that, but the way the system is current setup I don't see how an picture would have multiple productpictures linked to it.. Right now its a single product can have multiple productpictures and each productpicture has a picture. But the link between picture and productpictures returns a collection.

Picture.NpProductPictures returns a collection of 1 ;-)

Should the productpicture.pictureid be unique and the link between pictures and productpicture be a 1to1 and then the link from productpicture to product be * to 1 ?
Hace 13 años
bhiers wrote:
I understand that, but the way the system is current setup I don't see how an picture would have multiple productpictures linked to it.. Right now its a single product can have multiple productpictures and each productpicture has a picture. But the link between picture and productpictures returns a collection.

Picture.NpProductPictures returns a collection of 1 ;-)

Should the productpicture.pictureid be unique and the link between pictures and productpicture be a 1to1 and then the link from productpicture to product be * to 1 ?

Right, there is a way to insert multiple picture IDs for a single product ID (via inserting pictures for a product), but there is no way to insert multiple products (IDs) to use a single picture (ID) through nopCommerce UI, nor does there need to be -in my opinion.

Picture.NpProductPictures is a collection because it represents the many in the one-to-many relationship between the Nop_Picture and Nop_ProductPicture tables. In your original post, you said you had a problem accessing a product via the ProductPicture. Are you having difficulty accessing the productID in the collection or are you trying to change the collection to a single ProductPicture variable and implement a one-to-one relationship between Nop_Picture and Nop_ProductPicture?

Hace 13 años
No I figured it out I just get the collect and then do a .first .. just seems silly to have to do so.. think its something that should be corrected..
Hace 13 años
you can modify the code to allow pictures "copy" from one product to another, or build a new ASCX in media manager to allow this picture 'shared' in product A,B,C,D,E.... anyway i think this requirement is necessary for some shops :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.