search by name

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
In Customer Management, I could search by several variables, but not by name.  How do I do this?

Thank you,
Steve
Hace 13 años
What version are you using? If you're using v1.60 I have a SQL script that can do that, but I haven't even looked at a way to do it 1.70 or 1.80. The SQL script allows you to put in an email OR a name as a search in the email textbox in customer management.
Hace 13 años
Barry,
I'm using 1.6.  I'll ask my programmer to apply your script.  Thank you very much.

BTW, do you know why this very basic function isn't already included?  Do you think it will be added?  In my previous system I found it useful to search by first name, last name, address, city, state, and a few other things.

One other thing.  Does your script search by both first and last name (in addition to e-mail)?

Thanks again,
Steve
Hace 13 años
seversol wrote:

BTW, do you know why this very basic function isn't already included?  Do you think it will be added?

I don't know why it wasn't included, perhaps it is because the customer's name is held in another table and it seemed like too much of a pain to include that?? I'm really not sure. I don't think there are any plans to include it either.

seversol wrote:

One other thing.  Does your script search by both first and last name (in addition to e-mail)?

You can search for fist name, last name, email, or just one or two letters... I use the "LIKE" operator in the SQL query so the search returns results that are similar to what you search for as well as exactly what you search for...  so nothing gets missed.

You can find the code for 1.60 here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/2860/suggestion-in-manage-customers-make-customer-email-address-mailto.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.