Background image

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
I'd like to set a background image, similar to mamasandpapas.com, such that the background image does not scroll along with the contents. Is this possible to achieve with the nopCommerce css?
Hace 13 años
body
{ ...

background-attachment: fixed;
... }
Hace 13 años
Cool, thanks very much!
Hace 13 años
Hi,

I am new to the ASP.NET. I am using the darkOrange Template and I have changed the black and grey background to light yellow. However, changing to a lighter background with WHITE TEXT is not legible. Can anyone tell me how to change the TEXT from WHITE to a different color.

Your help is much appreciated.
Hace 13 años
It all depends on which text you want to change.  

The "color" property in CSS sets the text color so...

I would search the styles.css file for the "color" property and look where the value equals one of the following:

#FFF
#FFFFFF
white

If you want to make it black, you can change it to one of the following:

black

You have to be selective, because there may be a case whree you don't want black text, such as the button text with the dark gray background
Hace 13 años
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I found the settings in master.css file and changed it but it had no effect at all!

I am running NopCommerce Version 1.0 and I find that this software is full of bugs. I looked in the Forum in regards to the upgrade, all I see is a long report full of bugs. Don't know what to do.
Hace 13 años
You need to edit the file "styles.css" in the "darkOrange" directory if that's the Theme you're using.

Is your site up and running (collecting orders, registered users, etc..)  If not, I would dump 1.0 and just start over with 1.8.
Hace 13 años
Nope, my site is just starting and I've spent 2 weeks trying to get the Homepage in line.

The things I am still trying to accomplish are:

1) change the WHITE text of the entire site to black due to the light yellow background my boss wanted.
2) Enlarge the Logo in the Header. I did enlarge the Logo but it won't display the full size of the Logo I designed. (I have checked the master.css in "darkOrange" directory and modified the width and height in the Header section but it didn't help).
3) Remove the black bar from the HeaderMenu. It seems to me that it is calling from the Server. Again, I have modified the master.css in the "darkOrange" directory but it didn't work. I even tried to replace the "admin-menu-bg.gif" file to a match the light yellow background instead of Black but it didn't work either.

Below is the link to the site I am working on so you can refer to what I am talking about:

http://myamericanfurnituregalleries.com/

BTW-is upgrade easy? Is that also mean I will lose 2 weeks of my work? My boss probably won't be happy. More importantly, I have read the posting in the Forum about upgrading to ver 8 and yes, it'll combine everthing in on style.css sheet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any bugs. My understanding is ver 8 has a lot of issues about Adding Product; Listing Products; Tax Calculation, and all that! Please read the bug report before doing your upgrade.
Hace 13 años
Ok, looked at your site and the source for your home page.

You're using an awful lot of different style sheets:

<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/base.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/cart-checkout-order.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/category.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/codeformatter.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/forum.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/manufacturer.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/master.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/master_090310.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/master_before_headerlinks_updated.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/master090110.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/membership.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/modules.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/product.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="App_Themes/darkOrange/servercontrols.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

How come so many master css's?

There are different versions of the master.css which are conflicting with each other:
"master_before_headerlinks_updated.css",  "master_090310.css" and master090110.css".

You have to exclude these files from your project and move them somewhere else on your computer outside the nopcommerce folder.  Even if you exclude them, but leave the files in the darkOrange folder, they will be included.

If they still show in your solution in Visual Studio, right click on "master_090310.css" and choose "Exclude from Project".  Do the same with all your master css "backup" files.  

Once you've excluded the masters except master.css, you need to move the actual files out of the darkOrange folder to somewhere outside your nop_commerce folder.  IMPORTANT:  You must also remove them from your hosting site

After all this, try your site again.  If the links are still white, then you need to edit the following in your remaining master.css file:

.header-links ul li
{
                color: #000000;
  list-style: none;
  display: inline;
  padding-right: 2px;
}

.header-links a
{
  color: #000000;
  text-decoration: none;
}
Hace 13 años
Hi,

All the master.css files you find located in the same directory are my backup. Like I have said, I am new to ASP.NET and didn't know leaving my backup files in the same folder would confuse all the settings when the site is launched.

I will take your advise and save all my backup locally and leave only the ones that are active.

Thanks again for your advise. Will let you know the outcome.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.