XML troubles...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
I've been translating the XML language file from English to Swedish, v 1.80. When I've uploaded the old versions, I've never had any problems at all, but now I get this error message:

An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.

I have no idea where to start looking... I've run it through a program looking for duplicates but couldn't find any. I've searched and looked for any mistakes with extra symbols etc, and I found an extra > but nothing else, and still the same problem.

Can I find these "inner exceptions" anywhere, and will they tell me where to look? Can you help me? I'm getting a little desperate here...
Hace 13 años
In order to find inner exception go to admin area > sysetm > log
Hace 13 años
Thank you... this is what I found, but what does it mean? My guess would be that there is data missing somewhere, but I cannot find it...

System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ResourceName', table 'tempdb.dbo.#LocaleStringResourceTmp____________________________________________________________________________________________000000000009'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.Execute(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommand.ExecuteScalar[T_Result](Func`2 resultSelector) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteFunction(String functionName, ObjectParameter[] parameters) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Data.NopObjectContext.Sp_LanguagePackImport(Int32 languageID, String xmlPackage) in C:\Users\TOMTA\Desktop\K4L\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Data\NopObjectContext.cs:line 2549 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.LocaleStringResourceManager.InsertAllLocaleStringResourcesFromXml(Int32 languageId, String xml) in C:\Users\TOMTA\Desktop\K4L\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Localization\LocaleStringResourceManager.cs:line 205 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.LocalizationManager.LanguagePackImport(Int32 languageId, String content) in C:\Users\TOMTA\Desktop\K4L\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Localization\LocalizationManager.cs:line 166 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.ExportImport.ImportManager.ImportResources(Int32 languageId, String content) in C:\Users\TOMTA\Desktop\K4L\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\ExportImport\ImportManager.cs:line 49 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.LanguageInfoControl.btnImportResources_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\TOMTA\Desktop\K4L\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\LanguageInfo.ascx.cs:line 155
Hace 13 años
Anyone? I would appreciate it very much, I don't want to translate it all over again...
Hace 13 años
Best thing to do is to download this editor: http://www.firstobject.com/dn_editor.htm

open the xml and press alt-F7

It will check your file for any errors and I bet you will use it in the future
Hace 13 años
I ended up using a 30 days trial version of a program called Altova DiffDog. It put all the tags into a grid, and it was easy to see that, for some reason, it said <LocaleResource LocaleRecourse=... instead of <LocaleResource Name=... in some places. I have no idea why that was, but now it works :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.