Ratings related error on product page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
Hi All,

Building my first ecommerce site knowing very little about asp or css and doing OK - until this morning when testing again, I got the following message when the product ingo page came up:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.Extended.UI' is null or not an object

The section of code causing the error looks like this:

}
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Sys.Extended.UI.RatingBehavior, {"AutoPostBack":true,"CallbackID":"ctl00$ctl00$cph1$cph1$ctl00$ctrlProductRating$productRating","ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_ctl00_cph1_cph1_ctl00_ctrlProductRating_productRating_RatingExtender_ClientState","EmptyStarCssClass":"empty-rating-star","FilledStarCssClass":"filled-rating-star","StarCssClass":"rating-star","WaitingStarCssClass":"saved-rating-star","_isServerControl":true,"id":"ctl00_ctl00_cph1_cph1_ctl00_ctrlProductRating_productRating_RatingExtender"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_ctl00_cph1_cph1_ctl00_ctrlProductRating_productRating"));
});

Have I broke something? I was not changing anywthing to do with the ratings tool - but this now seems not to work...

Any idea how I can make it work again?!

Thanks in advance!
Rich
Hace 13 años
Hi Rich,

go to admin --> system-->log and post the full error message

you say you were not doing anything with the ratings, but i infer from that that you were doing something - maybe you deleted something important or edited something ?

you could unzip a fresh copy of nop and examine (or copy) the contents - compare them to your store code and see if you can see what you did

- hayden
Hace 13 años
did u update your computer with .NET or something?
Hace 13 años
Hey guys,

Thanks for your interest - As I had not done a great deal of work on the site, I ended up re-installed the project, and copy/pasting my changes back in one bit at a time - all is now well!

I am sure I will be back..!

Rich
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.