Install on .NET Core 3.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 4 años
Hi,

I am really new to nopCommerce. I am trying to install both source and non source 4.20 versions on my PC, and am getting various issues with plugins in VS2019, and page layout issues with the non source version.

I am guessing that the issues are because I have .NET Core 3.0. Is there a way I can get this working locally with this .NET Core version?

Thanks
Hace 4 años
Hello,

We've experienced similar issues with VS2019 and nopCommerce.
I've installed VS2019 before the release of .NET Core 3.0 and had no issues (and still have no issues) running the source code of nopCommerce on that machine.
However, ever since the .NET Core 3.0 release I am unable to run nopCommerce on new machines with freshly installed VS2019. There is some kind of mishap between the version of .NET Core where VS tries to build nopCommerce using the .NET Core 3.0 SDK causing errors.
I've found it best to install VS2017 since you are 100% guaranteed that nopCommerce will build on that. I've tried troubleshooting these issues on many occasions but it seems that finding the older version of VS is way less time-consuming.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Anton
Hace 4 años
Hi,

Thankyou so much for your reply. That does make sense. I actually also have VS2017 installed on the same machine, and have opened a fresh nopCommerce download using that. Unfortuantely I get the following error message when opening the solution or building it:

Severity  Code  Description  Project  File  Line  Suppression State
Error  NETSDK1045  The current .NET SDK does not support targeting .NET Core 2.2.  Either target .NET Core 2.1 or lower, or use a version of the .NET SDK that supports .NET Core 2.2.  Nop.Core  C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.1.509\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\targets\Microsoft.NET.TargetFrameworkInference.targets  137  

It looks like even VS2017 will not work because I have .NET Core 3.0 installed. That is unless there is some parameter I can change when in VS2017 to make it work? Or if there is a way to downgrade to 2.2?
Hace 4 años
Hello,

Actually no. Since VS2017 doesn't install the .Net Core 2.2 SDK by default you will have to go ahead and install it yourself. You can download it from here.
Just choose a version compatible with Visual Studio 2017 and install it. After that, you will be able to build nopCommerce.

Note: You can check your .Net Core SDK versions installed on your machine by opening the cmd and typing "dotnet --info".

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Anton
Hace 4 años
Hi Anton,

Thankyou very much for the clarification. Downloading and installing 2.2 has worked and I can now run from VS2017.

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.