What is your workflow on creating a new widget/plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 4 años
Hey guys,

[version nopCommerce 4.2]
I notice that when creating my first widget that during the debug process it takes about ~2-5 mins to just run through the new widget was wondering if that is the same with you guys? Here is my work flow  when I create a widget and try to test it on my local website:

1.)  Develop Widget
2.) ** Right click on solution select "Clean Solution"
3.) *** Right click on solution select "Rebuild Solution"
4.) Build and Run Nop.Web
5.) Navigate to Local Plugins -> Install Widget
6.) Go to Widget Configuration Settings Page
7.) [ problem  or errors has been thrown ]
8.) Stop the project
9.) Fix problem  [Repeat steps 2 - 6 again.]
10.) [ No problems or errors has been thrown ] done.

Seems like a lot of development time goes to rebuilding and cleaning out the solution and then firing up the project again. Do you guys go through the same workflow , or am I missing something?  Is there a way to just run the widget standalone or do I have to run the whole project.
Hace 4 años
Step 2,3 are not needed every time. You can just rebuild (or build) and run.

You cannot run widget standalone. You have to run the whole project. If you don't want all plugins while developing, then delete them from build folder (Nop.Web > Plugins) and make sure you don’t build or rebuild those plugins again. To reduce start time you can start without debug mode (press Ctrl + F5 ).
Hace 4 años
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/51890/speed-of-debugging-when-developing-400-plugins#203941
Hace 4 años
These are great suggestions thank you, also thank you for the link
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.