We might be building a from-scratch front-end. Best plan?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
My client and I considering dropping the 1.9 front-end and building a site from scratch, rather than tailoring 1.9. This is not because of nopCommerce's front-end limitations, but because our site is rather simple on the nopCommerce side (not so simple on other parts) and has lightweight "online store" related requirements, whereas nopCommerce's front-end is far too feature-packed for our needs, hence the development process is extremely slow because it takes too long to compile the site and we are concerned about having too much to wade through to customize and re-tailor what's there.

As the lead developer, I'm likely to go with ASP.NET MVC 3.0. I know that you guys are already going down the path of ASP.NET MVC 3.0. However, you guys (nopCommerce core devs) are not far along enough for us to build on yet, obviously.

Or, are you? I haven't yet snagged the source, I wanted to first ask what the thoughts are on feasibility of taking the current 2.0 codebase and building from that versus having a whole new ASP.NET MVC 3.0 front-end project?

We need to have an alpha version of our web app completed within the next few weeks, e.g. mid-Feb.

Thanks,
Jon
Hace 13 años
Oh snap. I just downloaded source and found that you guys aren't just rewriting the front-end, you're rewriting the whole thing, back-end and all. Nevermind. I'll stick with the v1.9 back-end.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.