Checkout Last name requirement

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
Im using one page Checkout plugins .

My requirement was to simplify the checkout page by removing the last name labels and fields and it works perfectly however whenever a customer want to check out it keeps telling me that last name is required . where in the code I can skip the last name validation when submitting an order

can somebody help me please I'm using Nop 4.3
Hace 3 años
In Customer Settings (Advanced mode), you can try adjusting the '.. name' required setting (unselect).  Although if you are using a 3rd party one-page-checkout, you may need to contact them to see how to do it.
Hace 3 años
Like NY stated you can set these in the customer config. But it is unlikely that credit cards are going to process correctly without a last name.  If I remember correctly in the checkout process the firstname and lastname fields are concatenated to a fullname value for the credit card holders billing name for processing. I would hope that visa or any of the other card processors would not just accept hey my Name is John or whomever and process a card. Cardholders Full Name, Card Number, Expiration Date, CCV are typically required.
Hace 3 años
New York wrote:
In Customer Settings (Advanced mode), you can try adjusting the '.. name' required setting (unselect).  Although if you are using a 3rd party one-page-checkout, you may need to contact them to see how to do it.

I did all these earlier without any changes still last name is required
Hace 3 años
glhays wrote:
Like NY stated you can set these in the customer config. But it is unlikely that credit cards are going to process correctly without a last name.  If I remember correctly in the checkout process the firstname and lastname fields are concatenated to a fullname value for the credit card holders billing name for processing. I would hope that visa or any of the other card processors would not just accept hey my Name is John or whomever and process a card. Cardholders Full Name, Card Number, Expiration Date, CCV are typically required.

I understand. But generally credit card will ask “ name on the card “ or “ as appears in the card “

I should be able to bypass the last name check . But I don’t know where this logic reside in code
Hace 3 años
Hi there,

You need to customize for this requirement.
On the AddressValidator you need to remove LastName requirement rule.
Also you need that customer didn't enter the last name then remove from _CreateOrUpdateAddress.cshtml page of your theme or default view of nopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.