Products on MAP? How to map a product to the location?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 2 años
Hi.

I have asked in a previous topic about making the listings website and I have decided to try NC for it...

So, here is what I need. I need to map each product to a specific location, so users will be able to filter the products depending on their location... Let's say we are selling APARTMENTS in different cities and we need to make them searchable by location... Any ideas? Just using filters?

If using filters and product characteristics, then how to make users select location while they add their apartment?
Hace 2 años
Are you making a pluign or changing core code ?
What version are you using ?

A simple way might be to add some standard format code to the Short Description
Then filter the products based on the searching the description

Another way is to use the address table and allow the customer to create an address which can be linked to the listing i.e. linked to the Product if that is the listing item
Then you could to modify the Search Products code to search the address by Country, State and Zip / Postcode
Hace 2 años
Not sure what version you’re using, or what database, but, if you’re doing it via a plugin, look at Spatial Data.

https://www.markopapic.com/finding-nearby-users-using-ef-core-spatial-data/
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.