Product Attribute Control Types

Hace 7 meses
Control types are only selectable after the attribute is added to a product. This complicates things and causes the user to have to add the control type every time the attribute is added to a product. A default control type when setting up the Product Attribute would streamline the process. For example, I have an attribute to allow the customer to select a type of font they want to use (script or block) when having an item engraved. Using the 'image squares' control type, you have to upload an image each time you add the attribute to a product. If you were able to select a default control type when setting up the attribute, the image would only have to be uploaded once and would eliminate steps when adding the attribute to a product.
Hace 7 meses
Thanks for the suggestion. This seems like a very specific requirement. It's much more common for attribute values and their control types to be unique to each product rather than shared.
Hace 7 meses
I disagree. Let's say for instance, I want to offer engraving on my products. I have only two options for engraving, script & block lettering. Why would that be specific to the product? Or I offer gift wrapping, why would that be specific to the product?
Hace 7 meses
Ok, it's enough to add some properties to PredefinedProductAttributeValue. Here is a work item for this.