Background image

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I have been trying to edit my master.css file to use an image in the dark orange theme instead of the two tone grey, but I can't seem to get it right. Any ideas on how to do this?

Also haveing some issue with the nopcommerce logo in the top left hand corner of the page. I changed the image file but it only shows my logo at certain times, others still the nopCommerce logo.

And last but not least I would like to show different items on the main page center column, like news, new products ect.ect.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my site. It's nowhere near finished but it will give you some visual insight on what I'm doing.
14 anni tempo fa
Anybody?
14 anni tempo fa
The reason no-one has probably replied is your question can't be answered in a couple of lines :)

if you replace app_themes/darkorange/images/logo.gif that should replace the logo on each page.

I suggest you downoad firefox and use firebug to figure which images need replace to get your background image working correctly.

adding different "modules" to the homepage will require a few code changes.  Maybe have a play around and figure what goes where etc... otherwise pay someone to make the changes for you :)
14 anni tempo fa
Well thank you for a response. I use Visual Studio for most of the work I am doing but I will try Firefox and see what happens.

As for the logo it seems to work fine for everyone else who has loaded the page, but it periodicaly switches back to the nopCommerce on mine. I replaced the file but as long as they can see the company logo I'm not going to stress it.

And I wish I could hire someone. Lol until the site launches I'm pretty much on my own. Thanks again.
14 anni tempo fa
The nopCommerce logo is a background image for a non-breaking space.  The space doesn't matter much; it's a place holder.  There's two place you could go.

App_Themes is a folder in the root that has all your theme files.  Each subfolder corresponds to a theme you can select in the Admin's general settings.  I suggest you duplicate a theme and modify your own, i.e. yourtheme.

In darkOrange or yourtheme, you'll find a bunch or CSS files and an image folder.  The master.css has a class called a.logo in the Master Header section.  That background image is the image.  You'll spend a lot of time in these folders when customizing your look.

The second place to go is header.ascx in the modules folder (not header.aspx in the root).  It's basic HTML with ASP.net code.  You can change around the header here.  You can change the menu under the header in headermenu.  Any changes here are changes across every theme.

A piece of advice: when you upgrade, you'll overwrite your entire store.  You can transfer the database easily with a majority of your changes and information.  As for the look of the site, you'll have to copy over your theme and any changed files.  Make your own theme and track all of your changes to any file outside of the theme folder.  You'll have to compare them with the new version's files for any changes and copy over your customizations.
14 anni tempo fa
Thank you very much for the info. Lol now any idea why my customers can't make or save a profile?
14 anni tempo fa
Try Admin - Configuration - Global Settings - Other - Uncheck 2nd Box (New Customer Registration is Not Allowed)
14 anni tempo fa
Just checked it and it's not checked. Hmmm
14 anni tempo fa
I just noticed you addressed the header bg. I would actualy like to change the actual bg of the page itself one of the colors is #333333. I think I would actually just like to make the entire Bg black.
14 anni tempo fa
Well I tracked down one of the sections. Unfortunately it is only the bottom one. The middle and top are still grey and I can't seem to find them. I'll post as I make progress. I'm sorry if this is boring some of you guys but I know very little about this stuff and am steadily trying to learn. Thank you for being patient.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.