Google Checkout Admin = "internal error"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Ok

I'm still not able to "admin" this payment -- trying to reset permissions to CHMOD 755 for the file that the edit payment methods page posts to: /Administration/PaymentMethodDetails.aspx

Google is still reporting postback errors!
14 年 前
Ok, I think I know why the postback isn't work -- I can't seem to set permissions for this individual using CHMOD in FTP via Godaddy! So that should probably help that problem. I guess than I will be pretty much integrated except for not being able to access the "edit" screen for this payment method through admin.
14 年 前
What do you mean? Did you get the postback working? If you did can you detail what you did, I still have no luck over here.

Thanks,

JetFable
14 年 前
Sorry,

There are some other threads reguarding the "postback" or "api-callback" URL...this is the URL where GOOGLE's webservice from the checkout can transmit information about payment back to the store's software. So far I haven't seen a comprehensive solution to this.

However, I have got the checkout working (Google just sends a complaint email to me every couple hours saying that it was unable to contact my call-back URI)

I believe I did this (from an earliar post in this same thread):

Use your production keys in the web.config and replace "Sandbox" with "Production".

The nopCom. teams seems to have focused on this bug previously, I think my API-Callback URI issues are related to "permissions" on the file, which Godaddy will not let me reset individually unless it is inside a directory. Does anyone know if moving this file will cause functionality issues? I might give it a shot and test it for permissions and functionality in a different location
14 年 前
I also got it working up to that point, that the order goes through correctly and I am able to charge the customer's card, but because of the postback error I cannot really use this on production because when the customer buys something on the cart it remains on the cart and that information is not captured and not reflected in the inventory so it will be a mess to manage. It looks like you are at the same place I am?

For the admin portion is actually quite easy to get around it, if you were able to run the store locally you can compile the source and run it from your own computer and just run the webconfig file you have on godaddy, you will be able to access the admin portion of google checkout from your local computer, after you change the settings, copy the webconfig back to godaddy server. Of course you would need visual studio and some knowledge of .net programming for this to work. Hope that helps.

If you find a permanent solution, let me know

Thanks

Jetfable
14 年 前
Hey Jeff-

Yeah I'm actually trying to get a job as a fulltime C# developer so I should get my shit together (-8

I'm usually a PHP guy!

Ummm yes, we are basically at the same place and having that call-back would be useful. What is your experience with Paypal in the production environment? Mine isn't reflecting when items have been shipped in in Paypal back in the store, and likewise Paypal hasn't been capturing the addresses of all the users ... I'm curious if you had any experience with it.

I will let you know if I come up with a solution, and will try that setup deal like you talked about when I get the chance.
14 年 前
The way with Paypal right now as I experienced is that on Paypal, it will show the customer's saved shipping address no matter what they input in the store. So it may show the wrong address, but at least at the store level you have a record of where they want it ship, so you just change the address manually if you are using paypal to ship as well, and when Paypal has the item shipped, it won't reflect back to the store. You will have to go into each record manually to switch it to shipped. I don't know if this is how it is supposed to work, but I don't think Paypal has any callback to the store, but I can be mistaken. It isn't perfect but works better than Google Checkout still at this point.
14 年 前
Ok, as long as I'm not doing anything wrong this works. I'm not even having paypal show me any any address, do you know if what they call: Paypal Direct refers to the credit card capture straight from the store?

I would like to implement this as I notice a lot of people place their orders, than abandon after they discover paypal as they don't think they can use a credit card directly.
14 年 前
I've been using Paypal Express but not direct, not sure if that helps.

On the google thing have you gotten any Log Files to write on the /google directory? I think my problem is that it is not writing those log files.
14 年 前
Has there been any further findings on getting the postback for Google checkout working on godaddy? It doesn't look like this issue is specific to NOP, as I have found a lot of people using other platforms having the same issue with godaddy.

Thanks
JR
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.