Removing automatically inserted brackets from product variant section on product page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Haydie

Thanks for your advice - embarrassed to admit that i don't know how to recompile, as this is the first time i have used nopcommerce and asp.net, but am looking on internet for guidance.

your help has been much appreciated
14 年 前
no worries warren, all of us start somewhere - what software are you using to develop nop?
14 年 前
haydie wrote:
no worries warren, all of us start somewhere - what software are you using to develop nop?

i am usin g plain old dreamweaver because i wasn't expecting to recompile. i do have mvb express installed, and ms expression. never used visual basic - its the next thing on my course!!!!
14 年 前
you will need visual studio to recompile (though i think windows can recompile from the command promt)

microsoft have made alot of changes to what you can download, a while ago you could get VS2008 as a free download, you maybe still can -

try this first
http://www.asp.net/downloads/vs2008/#newWebFeatures

you can also join the webspark program and get VS2008 Pro for 3 years with $100 to pay at the end

You can also download and use (for a limited time)
VS2010 http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-gb/download

i recommend you use the full source version of nopcommerce if you are not already doing so

when you are ready, open visual studio  
file-->open project-->    then  browse to nopcommerce folder    select      NopCommerce.sln

once its all set up Ctrl+f5  to open nopcommerce in a browser

make your c# changes - then in the VS build menu, click rebuild nopcommercestore
14 年 前
Hi Haydie

can i recompile without using the full source version.

this is the only change i need to make and the site is then finished

Warren
14 年 前
warrencowan wrote:
Hi Haydie

can i recompile without using the full source version.

this is the only change i need to make and the site is then finished

Warren

i have the non-source version running on a remote server - can i recompile on the remote server or do i have to bring it back to me local machine to recompile.

Cheers - Warren
14 年 前
hi warren, you need to have it on your local machine to recompile

if you made changes only to that 1 code file, you should be able to recompile on your local machine and upload only one .dll.

i can't be certain of what you have done to the site, so i recommend the following procedure :

1) from your current site, make a backup copy of    NopCommerceStore.dll  (it's in the    bin   folder )
2) open your nosource version ofnopcommerce in VS
3) (i'm assuming you have nopcommerce on your local machine already ) make the changes to the c#
4) from the build menu in VS choose rebuild nopcommercestore
5) when the build is complete, you can copy NopCommerceStore.dll from the bin folder on your local machine to the bin folder on your hosted store - job done !

Once you have this up and running, i recommend you download the source version of v1.5 and start playing around with it, its go some great new features and it will help greatly in your understanding of how hopcommerce ticks - remember to open the solution go to :
file-->open project-->    then  browse to nopcommerce folder    select      NopCommerce.sln
14 年 前
haydie - thansk for your time and effort - much appreciated

can i use a blank copy of NOP stored locally to recompile the code - i assume that i can. i don't need a poupulated version linked to a database - because that is all live on the server.

when i tried to recompile using the no-source version i got lots of errors. - i assume that this is because its no-source. can i ignore errors such as

" the reference component 'Nop.BusinessLogic' could not be found."

or should i try and recompile using the full-source version

sorry to be a pain - but i am learning lots!! - Warren
14 年 前
I am following your instructions, but finding that i need to use a full source version. - this is a new blank version

i am opening it in vs. making the changes to the file. saving it, the hitting the rebuild nopcommercestore.

when the rebuild is complete i can see no bin directory under NopCommerceStore.

Now i know that i am going wrong somewhere, i just can't seem to work out where?

Warren
14 年 前
that is strange - when you unzip the no source download, there should be a fully populated bin folder in nopcommercestore from the start - rebuilding should just update an existing nopcommercestore.dll
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.