I'm developing - MySQL Support for nopCommerce 1.20

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
Hello everybody,

I've seen that a lot of users are asking for MySQL-support in nopCommerce.

In fact I'm using MySQL-Databases too in my environment, so I'm developing a nopCommerce solution for MySQL.

I think in a few weeks I will be ready to publish a complete solution which allows you switch between SQL and MySQL so that my script could be integrated into nopCommerce (next release).

If someone has any questions or suggestions in view to MySQL Connections with nopCommerce, I'll try to help (in fact with code-snippets too).

If nopCommerce-Team is interested in this solution please reply.

Best regards,

Alex
Hace 14 años
You're more than welcome to develop MySQL database provider for nopCommerce and contribute it. This way it can be added to nopCommerce Extensions - www.nopcommerce.com/extensions.aspx.
Hace 14 años
Ok, I'll keep you informed! ;)

So, even I could join Developing Team?!
Hace 14 años
Only team members develop official nopCommerce releases. But anybody can develop and contribute extensions

If you would like to join our team, you can find more info here - https://www.nopcommerce.com/JoinOurTeam.aspx.
Hace 14 años
please... lunch nopcommerce mysql version.
Hace 14 años
Hello kadluang,

I'd be very happy to launch mySQL-support, but I'm not ready yet.

Because following modifications have to be done:

- the class "Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer" has to be modificated with all connections
- the database has to me re-managed (re-build) because of a few compatibility-problems with "data-length" and tables-sizes.
and
- so, the code in a few methods has to be changed.

I'm on the way to get it runnin' (in fact i'm just running in some errors with some procedures) and I think I could publish it in the next weeks.

Best regards!
Hace 14 años
Thank to hear good news, i can wait.
Hace 14 años
Hi astuparek,

Will be interested to see hear exactly the problems you ran into when trying to convert the nc db to MySQL - as I looked into this a few months ago and experienced similar issues.

Also you mentioned modifying Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer - I presume you mean you are creating a new MySQL provider i.e. Nop.DataAccess.MySQL

This will certainly be the easiest way as you can migrate a provider one at a time in order to fully test.

Cheers,

Ben
Hace 14 años
Hello Ben,

in fact im coding a new method DataAccess.MySQL, but it's in fact a lot of work, because:

- MySQL are restricted in length, so i.e. I had to split the table "orders" into 3 tables (orders, billings, shippings)
- the procedures had to be modified in this way
- there is no tool which "is able" to convert the whole database into mySql, so a few tables or procedures have to be re-configured manually.

These are 3 problems which I ran into.

Best regards,
Alex
Hace 14 años
I have to agree. The MySQL migration toolkit is good....but not that good :)

Well best of luck to you - im sure you will be very popular in the community afterwards.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.