500 internal server error version 1.7....more permissions maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
I just uploaded nopCommerce 1.70 and I am getting the 500 internal server error trying to access the install/install.aspx page. I have searched the forum for answers to help, but I keep finding the same stuff that is not helping.

I did see that someone said that there were mistakes in 1.70, and they got 1.50 to work fine. Is this what I should do? Why not 1.60?

I watched the videos, so it is not necessary to give me links to those. I also changed the permissions in the image/thumbs folder, but I am still stuck. Is there a real installation guide on this site anywhere that actually tells a person what permissions need to be changed, and what else needs to be done to get this thing to work?
Hace 13 años
Or maybe it could be because GoDaddy is not supporting asp.net. Is it possible to use another version on GoDaddy?
Hace 13 años
GoDaddy is not yet supporting ASP.Net 4.0, if you want to run 1.7 you will need to switch to another company.   1.6 should run fine on godaddy, except for the things requiring full trust (PDF catalog, PDF packing slips).
Hace 13 años
Are the PDF's the only thing not supported in GoDaddy?

Also, what is the difference in downloading the source files and not downloading them?
Hace 13 años
i have tried to install on sostsys and this is the error i get

Line 21:       <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.htm"/>
Line 22:     </customErrors>
Line 23:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 24:       <expressionBuilders>
Line 25:         <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>

Source File: C:\HostingSpaces\giftfora\giftforacoach.com.au\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 23

i am on a shared hosting on softsys

hope someone can help
Hace 13 años
I have no clue what you wrote in the previous post. I am gonna try v1.60 and see if GoDaddy will accept that one.
Hace 13 años
benhambaseballcards wrote:
Are the PDF's the only thing not supported in GoDaddy?

Also, what is the difference in downloading the source files and not downloading them?

GoDaddy does not support generating PDF's because they will not allow you to run in full trust.   They do not yet support 1.7 because they cannot run ASP.NET 4.0 and you will have a hell of a time trying to get Google Checkout working with them because they have to enable basic auth and you will need to work with them repeatedly to find a rep that knows what needs to be done.

If you are not yet set up with them, I would consider investing your time setting up elsewhere.
Hace 13 años
the photoball king wrote:
i have tried to install on sostsys and this is the error i get

Line 21:       <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.htm"/>
Line 22:     </customErrors>
Line 23:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 24:       <expressionBuilders>
Line 25:         <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>

Source File: C:\HostingSpaces\giftfora\giftforacoach.com.au\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 23

i am on a shared hosting on softsys

hope someone can help

You should probably start your own thread if this doesn't help but first I would make sure you have ASP.NET 4.0 enabled.  

Go to Web > Websites > [your site] > Extensions > ASP.NET > (select 4.0)

You may want to look at this thread too:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5136/issue-with-the-targetframework-parm.aspx
Hace 13 años
I moved on to another cart because of how long the responses to my questions would take, and because the responses aren't really answering the questions that I ask. I found something that works pretty well, and the forum over there has people that respond a little quicker with the correct answers the first time.
Hace 13 años
i am now up and running thanks for your help everyone.

Believe me i have tried oher carts and this is the best. I am sorry you dont like the support but i found it best to crawl through stuff to get the right answers.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.