nopCommerce 4.30 RC is available. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
I hate to sound like a broken record but speed to the RC is a major issue. Personally, I've not found out why but  in a test between Beta and RC doing the same task this is what I got.

Beta
Range: 5.09 s – 7.19 s
50 ms Loading
582 ms Scripting
293 ms Rendering
61 ms Painting
234 ms System
1220 ms Total

RC
Range: 0 – 16.22 s
110 ms Loading (220% longer)
2483 ms Scripting (426% longer)
1612 ms Rendering (550% longer)
327 ms Painting (536% longer)
866 ms System (370% longer)
5398 ms Total (442% longer)

Idle time ignored. As you can see overall it took more than 4 times longer to move between the same pages in each version. Both are connected to the same database. As every step is taking longer it makes it difficult to know where to start looking!
Hace 3 años
@Mick  re: MySQL setup -

I think I had the same error trying to connect with the  mySQL 'root' account in the connection string.

Using the 'admin' account mySQL prompts you to create when installing was more successful. (I called mine 'mysqlAdmin')

my connectionstring on local dev machine with mySQL installed locally is:

server=localhost;database=<DATABASENAME>;allowuservariables=True;user id=mysqlAdmin;password=<PASSWORD_FOR_mysqlAdmin_ACCOUNT>

Jon
Hace 3 años
Hi A.M

Currently New installed 4.3 with an new provider

My old NopCommerce is 3.0

I want to transfer product details from 3.0 to 4.3

Do I need to run the sql upgrade scripts from 3.1, 3.2 ......etc to 4.3 ?

Allowing me to execute import products to 4.3

Please note I am a experienced SQL Server programmer, as well as .Net programmer

kind regards
Peter
Hace 3 años
PeterJD wrote:
Hi A.M

Currently New installed 4.3 with an new provider

My old NopCommerce is 3.0

Do I need to run the sql upgrade scripts from 3.1, 3.2 ......etc to 4.3 ?

Allowing me to execute import products to 4.3

Please note I am a experienced SQL Server programmer, as well as .Net programmer

kind regards
Peter

Yes! You can do it using upgrade script one by one for each version upgrade.
Hace 3 años
A lot of sql client time out, is that because of sql server 2017 ubuntu problem?

An exception was thrown while activating Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext -> λ:Nop.Core.Security.CookieSettings.

Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while activating Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext -> λ:Nop.Core.Security.CookieSettings.
---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=0; handshake=72; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=0; [Post-Login] complete=14247;
---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (258): Unknown error 258
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
Hace 3 años
Hi

While trying to install nopcommerce 4.3 beta using mysql i am getting the error,

I have raised the issue  and posted the root cause too
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/4691

please review

Thanks
Hace 3 años
PeterJD wrote:

If it is just product details then use the export/import function
Export all you products from v3.0. Export one product from v4.3. See the format.
Create a new excel file import all your products.
Hace 3 años
mhazledine wrote:
Hi,

When creating a plugin to integrate a prior project with nopcommerce, I've noticed that MigrationManager.cs BuildTable only takes the Type passed to it and does not incorporate any of the parent classes/attributes.
As a result, when inheriting from a class in the plugin, the BuildTable function does not include any of the columns that should be there due to inheritance from parent class/es. Unless there is a workaround that I'm not aware of (please let me know if there is some way of doing this!!), this means that each database table object will need to have lots of replicated code.
What would be great is if the MigrationManager.cs incorporated a recursive search up the inheritance hierarchy until reaching BaseEntity, similar to that shown in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.type.basetype?view=netcore-3.1
Thanks,

Matt

I also would like to see a solution for this.
Hace 3 años
[email protected] wrote:
...I've not found out why but  in a test between Beta and RC doing the same task this is what I got...

Could you please re-download the package and try one more time? Please share your results
Hace 3 años
Hello,
When i create a discount, Applied to products, the nopcommerce 4.3, It does not save the products that I select for the discount.
And the discount is not applied in this way.

I tested it with apple camara, which comes as an example product.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.