nopCommerce 4.30 RC is available. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 4 años
Well vchigne, there are far too many differences to list. DiffMerge will compare two sets of text or pages of code but not a comparison across an entire solution. So far as I am aware, each page needs to be compared individually, unless Yidna can advise a way to the contrary.
Hace 4 años
[email protected] wrote:
We've applied several changes related to performance. Please get the latest "develop" branch and test it out.
I'm really sorry to report that I'm not seeing a speed increase. The old Beta is still about 4 to 5 times faster than the latest RC.
For the avoidance of doubt:
Both are on the same server
Both are connected to that same database
Both use the same template
Both have identical AppPool settings
Folders as required have IIS AppPool\name privileges
The Beta was Version was generated on 11 April
The latest RC is Version was generated in Visual Studio 2019 today 8 May

You're right.
The beta version was much faster than this RC version
Hace 4 años
Just to rule out that this wasn't something odd on my server, I set up another instance of RC of a separate server running Windows Server 2016 but still using the same database on the original server and so far it is no better.
I'm now going to set up a totally new instance using demo data on the 2016 server using SQL Server 2014 to see how that performs. This will eliminate any database related issues from the test.
I truly am hopeful that this will work as intended and indicate the problem isn't with the RC code.
Hace 4 años
RC is a lot better this time though still a tad slower than the Beta taking marginally longer to perform most tasks. However, this is not a like for like comparison.
I now have an out the box install with demo data only, hosted on a Windows Server 2016 with MSSQL server 2014, 4 cores up to 8GB ram. Unlike the other test installations of Beta and RC other sites are hosted on this server but all are low traffic.
Try it http://wchd.mctours.eu
Time between selecting a product and page display is almost 2 seconds whereas the beta is just over a second. This is a vast improvement on what I had before though still slower.
Rather baffling though to understand why the other RC is so slow compared to Beta. Any suggestions welcome.
Hace 4 años
its fast... how is the back end performing? could not login with admin
Thank you for your effort and testing - it is appreciated!
Hace 4 años
[email protected] wrote:
Well vchigne, there are far too many differences to list. DiffMerge will compare two sets of text or pages of code but not a comparison across an entire solution. So far as I am aware, each page needs to be compared individually, unless Yidna can advise a way to the contrary.

Yidna said do DiffMerge "in folder mode".   I use KDiff, and it also allows compare of folder to folder (all files in each).  So, select root source folder for each, and you can do " comparison across an entire solution".
Hace 4 años
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your suggestion but comparing folders simply shows which files differ and as many do, that will simply flag all the files that were altered between beta and RC. You still need to then compare each of those files to identify the lines of code altered.
I cannot see what purpose such a comparison will serve. At the end of the day I will need to adopt whatever the final release is to be, knowing that something was different or ran faster in an earlier incarnation is not conducive to the end goal.
The most recent change has delivered a version that provides acceptable performance. What I need to do is get that running in the client VM rather than where it is. Still struggling to understand why there is such a speed variation but not going to look further if I can get close to the most recent test version.
Hace 4 años
[email protected] wrote:
RC is a lot better this time...

Is it possible to get your database backup? So we can test it locally

P.S. Of course, you can delete all sensitive data before sharing it
Hace 4 años
Of course you can. There are no customer details in there yet so nothing of a sensitive nature. How can I send it to you?

BTW when I use the inbuilt function I get an error despite iis apppool having full permission to the db_backups folder. Not a problem I'll generate within SQL but here is the error message:
Cannot open backup device 'C:\inetpub\Publish\wwwroot\db_backups\database_2020-05-09-17-40-08_1261139115.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Hace 4 años
a.m. wrote:
RC is a lot better this time...
Is it possible to get your database backup? So we can test it locally

P.S. Of course, you can delete all sensitive data before sharing it

Sent link to download it in a PM to a.m.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.