nopCommerce 4.30 RC is available. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
hkbits wrote:
Just to clearify: You mean "but you won't be able to edit cshtml files" - live on the website. ? Right?

My interpretation is that you can edit your cshtml files before you compile. Once compiled, if a further edit was necessary to must do so in VS and recompile.
Hace 3 años
[email protected] wrote:
...My interpretation is that you can edit your cshtml files before you compile. Once compiled, if a further edit was necessary to must do so in VS and recompile.

.cshtml files will be compiled JIT (just-in-time), when a request arrives regarding those pages.
I.E. You do not need to manually build the project, and don't even need VS, if you only modify .cshtml files.
Hace 3 años
New York, I though the matter here was whether you might want to pre-compile the cshtml views to get a performance gain.
Hace 3 años
@a.m.
Andrei, we are seeing very bad performance with Redis under load.
We think it has to do with the ancient driver (1.2.6) that is in use.
We have just done a custom implementation of NOP with upgraded Redis 2.0.513 drivers via the Redlock.net 2.2.0 package.
We are seeing a HUGE performance increase in a load-balanced scenario as soon as the special release went live:

You can see the before and after.
Highly recommend upgrading the Redlock.net 2.2.0 before going live with 4.30.
This enables fast performance with Redis for Session, Plugins and cache management.
Hace 3 años
Hi, WalterG-BAS.
Many thank you for investigation of this problem and your suggestions, we implemented them by this commit

WalterG-BAS wrote:
@a.m.
Andrei, we are seeing very bad performance with Redis under load.
We think it has to do with the ancient driver (1.2.6) that is in use.
We have just done a custom implementation of NOP with upgraded Redis 2.0.513 drivers via the Redlock.net 2.2.0 package.
We are seeing a HUGE performance increase in a load-balanced scenario as soon as the special release went live:

You can see the before and after.
Highly recommend upgrading the Redlock.net 2.2.0 before going live with 4.30.
This enables fast performance with Redis for Session, Plugins and cache management.
Hace 3 años
Hello everyone,

Congrats for the new version of the NopCommerce and all of its changes and improvements!
I believe this will be a great new version of the platform!

I'm interested if there is going to be some more clarification about the new migration approach (FluentMigrator), how it can be used if we need to, what are the perks of using linq2db and what will be different for us as a developers? Is there anything that will be missed from EF, some more technical details etc.

Such a detailed explanation will be more than welcome, so we will know what will change for us (the developers) and for better understanding how the NopCommerce will work from now on (i.e. work with the database, caching and so on)!

Thank you again guys!

Best regards,
Kris
Hace 3 años
[email protected] wrote:
New York, I though the matter here was whether you might want to pre-compile the cshtml views to get a performance gain.

Sorry, I misread that and thought you were referring to the 'normal' behavior (before setting change "...was done accidentally ).

In any case, note that the "performance gain" would only apply to start up.  So, if you are comparing speed BETA vs RC, you'd only see that difference the first page load.  If you continue to see it, then maybe there is some impact caused by changes to RC.  I diff'd the code, and see that many code changes were done in the areas of caching.
Hace 3 años
Good Job Team.
2nd weeks of RC.
when will the release.
Hace 3 años
We plan to release 4.30 RTM this Friday (May 15th) and Monday (May 18th)
Hace 3 años
Thanks A.M for the update
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.