Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

11 年 前
I have install all codes for nopCommerce in the www.voofax.com
Everything is there but it does not do anything.
11 年 前
r_omar wrote:
The way the NopCommerce site described to install nopCommerce does not work at all. It is kind of crazy way to describe something. Does any one know how to install this nopCommerce no source to install in web server. I have installed the no Source NopCommerce all programs but it does not work at all. What do I need to do now?

Can any one help me on this please.

I suggest that you create a new post with the specific problem, error, crazy points you encounter during installation.

I basically want to know after I uploaded the File (nopCommerce No Source Code) what do I do next? Id does not have any default.aspx or index.aspx file anywhere? How do I get to the installation page?  Which page I go to modify or update to provide the Data Base User Id, Password and database name? Which page I should type to load the page on my Internet Explorer or Firefox or Safari to work on it? How do I go to the admin page? These very Basic information I need to work on it? I could not find anywhere about this. everyone just say upload the page and miracle will happen!!! There is really no Ture help or a real documentation anywhere!! That is why I say it is really crazy and I do not understand who did this work. That is really nonsense!! It might be a good program but you have to let one to start somewhere!!! Everything left on GOD!! Should I call  1 800 CALL GOD ?
11 年 前
ACCESSBIT wrote:

I basically want to know after I uploaded the File (nopCommerce No Source Code) what do I do next? Id does not have any default.aspx or index.aspx file anywhere? How do I get to the installation page?  Which page I go to modify or update to provide the Data Base User Id, Password and database name? Which page I should type to load the page on my Internet Explorer or Firefox or Safari to work on it? How do I go to the admin page? These very Basic information I need to work on it? I could not find anywhere about this. everyone just say upload the page and miracle will happen!!! There is really no Ture help or a real documentation anywhere!! That is why I say it is really crazy and I do not understand who did this work. That is really nonsense!! It might be a good program but you have to let one to start somewhere!!!

NopCommerce is an MVC-based application. There is no default.aspx or index.aspx. All you have to do is to make sure that your application pool is run in the integrated mode (this will take care of the non-existing default document, don't worry), and that it runs under .NET Framework 4.0. Those are the only two configuration steps that you are required to do. They have been explicitly mentioned in the installation guide of nopCommerce.

Once NopC is launched, it will detect that it's its first run, and will redirect you to an installation wizard page that will prompt you for the database connection info, admin credentials... etc. There are no SQL scripts as nopCommerce will create the database for you from within the application.

From the error I see on voofax.com, it looks that your app pool does not run .net framework 4.0.
11 年 前
I see

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Maybe your hosted web site is not set up correctly.   Typically you have a wwwroot folder under some other parent folder, and you configure your web site panel to point to that folder  - e.g.  \mywebsite\wwwroot
Put nopCommerce at wwwroot.

(What host are you using?  Many have built in nopC installer)
11 年 前
public class NopDataHelper
    {
        #region Methods
        /// <summary>
        /// Creates a connection to a data soruce
        /// </summary>
        /// <returns>Database instance</returns>
        public static Database CreateConnection()
        {
            SqlDatabase db = new SqlDatabase(NopConfig.ConnectionString);
            return db;
        }

error : the value cannot me  null or an  empty string parameter name connectionString
11 年 前
New York wrote:
I see

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Maybe your hosted web site is not set up correctly.   Typically you have a wwwroot folder under some other parent folder, and you configure your web site panel to point to that folder  - e.g.  \mywebsite\wwwroot
Put nopCommerce at wwwroot.

(What host are you using?  Many have built in nopC installer)

My Host is http://cp.robobit.com:8080  

It is hosted by Ourinternet.us
11 年 前
It still did not work. And I don't understand what do they mean by on the instruction doc "configure it to run in integrated mode, and configure the application pool to run" but which document I configure to connect to the MS SQL database? Where do I run? In my neighborhood Park or use Visual Studio 2012. I do have both! This document is so unclear and bogus. Does not make any sense. I don't know who wrote this document. There is a need a for better documentation. It is really dumb!! If I have to Run and Publish on Visual Studio then describe it properly please and how to run and publish through the Visual Studio as well.

"Running the site using IIS (package without source code)

To use IIS, copy the contents of the extracted nopCommerce folder to an IIS virtual directory (or site root), and then view the site using a browser. If you are using IIS 7, configure it to run in integrated mode, and configure the application pool to run the .NET Framework version 4
."

It is so vague and unclear on the installation documentation - it is a piece of garbage! Does not make any sense, even for a serious programmer.  Please send me a little more clear explanation. I really would appreciate it.
However, you guys at the Forum are great. I could not get better help than this forum. Only problem is I have to wait for days to know something!!
10 年 前
What is the minimum installation for ASP.NET 4.5 on a production web server.
It seems the installation links here take you to Microsoft, and you need to install VS too.

This is a production server, and a super lightweight version of ASP.NET 4.5 is all we need without the crap to go with it.

Any suggestions guys.
It may be that the install set you are linking to is the one we need, but without a load of tedious reading, we are not 100% sure.

Regards
10 年 前
I have all these on the Server and it is running on my own VPS server. I set a VPS server with Microsoft .netFrame work 4.5, ASP.net 4.5 and MVS 4.5. Everythng is there and Domain pointing it to the right Directory.

You can see I have installed it in Multiple Domains:
AccessBazar.com
Justinsmart.com
vooring.com

None of these work. I have debug the all Source code and Run the Prepare.bat and created a Deployable version of it then I have uploaded. I checked the web.config files as well.

I still cannot figure that out how it works and still does not load. I am working with bunch of other software and I had problem to install it. osCommerce and maganto. I had no problem and never had a problem like this. I think this is a bogus stuff put it out there. This is really horrible. No one seems to help out there either. It is clearly looks like something wrong with this crap!! This is my last try and I'll give up!!! Any out there to help me?? Even I have to pay some money! That's Ok but I want to know about it or I want to make sure it is a bogus scam software!
10 年 前
I would like to know if I should upload nopCommerce v2.8 to my server using msql. Also should I upload the no source version?

Thanks
sammyp2001