Migrating nopCommerce code to Azure PaaS or SaaS?

Posted: October 12, 2017 at 12:46 AM Quote #194554
Recently I started exploring Azure web sites and would like to know if I can directly push nopCommerce code to cloud? Or do I need to change code to support caching and other cloud suitable code? Like, Redis cache and service bus (in case my services still sits in on-premise)?

Please advise.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: October 12, 2017 at 10:40 AM Quote #194576
DeepuMangaluru wrote:
Recently I started exploring Azure web sites and would like to know if I can directly push nopCommerce code to cloud? Or do I need to change code to support caching and other cloud suitable code? Like, Redis cache and service bus (in case my services still sits in on-premise)?

Please advise.

We currently host a couple of nop sites (3.90) in azure (webapps). The repos are in VSTS and bitbucket, built in VSTS and deployed to azure using the VSTS deployment features. we're not using any caching so i cannot comment on that, but otherwise it works fine. If you inspect the web.config you'll see some azure related config settings.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life." -- Confucius
Posted: October 12, 2017 at 9:46 PM Quote #194593
seanrock wrote:

We currently host a couple of nop sites (3.90) in azure (webapps). The repos are in VSTS and bitbucket, built in VSTS and deployed to azure using the VSTS deployment features. we're not using any caching so i cannot comment on that, but otherwise it works fine. If you inspect the web.config you'll see some azure related config settings.

seanrock,

If it is not a secret, could you please share your build configuration in VSTS? It would be really helpful!

I was trying to set it up but still, have some problems with generated artifacts.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.
eCommerce CONFERENCE 2017
Learn more