Certificate, SSL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I have not worked with ecommerce sites before, but am familiar with .NET, C#, CSS, etc.
I assume I will need a certificate from one of the certificate authorities to implement SSL, even if I use the Paypal Standard control that does the actual payment transaction on the Paypal site. Any feedback on my assumptions, or anything else I should know?

Thanks
14 years ago
Paypal Standard has no such requirements since Paypal uses SSL on its side anyway. All that Paypal cares about is getting the right variables from your site. It doesn't care if there's a cart, SSL connection, one-click button or anything else, just to get the right variables.

However SSL is recommended for 2 reasons for your cart:
1. Prevent 3rd party data tampering
2. Inspire confidence to your customers.
14 years ago
Thanks. Can you suggest an affordable SSL Certificate provider?
14 years ago
Godaddy has them for a good price
14 years ago
I have my site up and running for the most part. However, I get a redirect error when I click the login link. Any help as to how to correct it. I created a redirect document, so I am assuming I must create the custom error in IIS and then upload the new web.config file? Any help is greatly appreciated.
14 years ago
I have tried numerous redirect files being that I get a redirect loop error when I click the login page and nothing seems to work. I can browse the site, except for login and my account. When I click these links, I get the error. I've tried custom error pages and pointing them to a redirect file, and nothing. My client is getting impatient, and I need to know if anyone has an answer to this or is experiencing the same thing with their setup. I am hosting on Network Solutions and have a SSL Certificate installed on the server. If anyone has a remedy for this please let me know as I don't have much hair left to pull out!!!  Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.