Adding route doesn't work...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I am trying to add two routes in the RouteProvider:

routes.MapLocalizedRoute("AddQuantity",
                            "shoppingcart/addquantitytoproduct/{productId}",
                            new { controller = "ShoppingCart", action = "AddQuantityToProduct", productId =
                            UrlParameter.Optional },
                            new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });
routes.MapLocalizedRoute("RemoveQuantity",
                            "shoppingcart/removequantityfromproduct/{productId}",
                            new { controller = "ShoppingCart", action = "RemoveQuantityFromProduct", productId =
                            UrlParameter.Optional },
                            new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });

This is working in Visual Studio 2010 SP1, but not on the server. Why?

(Background:
I am building an Ajax-shoppingcart. In this shoppingcart I am using Ajax.ActionLink to get links where I can add or remove products directly in the cart. In VisualStudio I get a link like this:
/shoppingcart/addquantitytoproduct/16

On the server I get a link like this:
/shoppingcart/addquantitytoproduct?productId=16

/Johan Davidsson
12 years ago
Anyone who knows how to add a route in nopCommerce 2.1?
12 years ago
Is it necessary to do anything with IIS when I have changed the RouteProvider.cs? I read that since the routes are added in Application_Start in Global.asax.cs it is necessary to restart IIS. Correct?
12 years ago
No. But you should recompile the solution and upload updated assembly to your server
12 years ago
I found the answer... I worked in "release mode", but for some reason the deploy took the routing from the "debug mode"... Once I compiled both debug and release mode it worked...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.