How can I embed this?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am a noob to web design and I've installed this and it works properly. I've got all that squared away, but I want to insert the entire store into a blank page I've created on my site. My site is a pretty basic asp.net site and I just want to bring in the includes from the rest of the site. I might be missing something kind of basic of fundamental, but I've looked around and just can't quite figure out how to do it. Can someone at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
14 years ago
You can't bring an existing site into noCommerce.

What you need to do is create a new "theme" for noCommerce.  If you look in the "App_Themes" directory you'll see folders such as "nopClassic", "darkOrange" alter copy one of these folders and start muck around with it to get the look and feel you are after.

You can change the theme you are using by going into the adminstration panel click Configuration > Global Settings > Seo/Display and change the dropdown box that says Store Theme.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Matthew
14 years ago
You said you can't bring an existing site into nopcommerce, but is it possible to put nopcommerce into an existing website? I am just trying to include my site's already existing navigation system and a footer so that this page looks like the rest of the site.

I understand about modifying themes, but that won't allow me to insert includes, would it?

Thanks again for your time
14 years ago
If you want to use includes etc you will need to alter the nopCommerce master pages under MasterPages in the root directory.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.