Offer Free Sample

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
This guys asked the same question one year ago but no one replied.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3274/two-features.aspx

I want to offer a free sample and limit the amount at 1 per account, not 1 per order.
Anyone has an idea how to do this?

Thanks

Edited: I am using v.2.30
12 years ago
There is a Discount limitation type that can limit to "N times per customer", but it's not quite what you want.

If you are willing to defer the "warning" until shipping time, then you can try Shipping Director

You can see a similar example in this blog that will prevent shipping if more than 2 free items are in the cart.  (If you prevent shipping, then customer can't finalize the order).
12 years ago
I can prevent the shipping where a customer try to get 2 or more free items. But I cannot prevent the customer to re-order the same free sample over and over through different order.
12 years ago
Yes, the blog was just an example.  Checking prior orders is a little different.  Need to get Customer's Orders, the blog had an example for that

Placed 2 or more orders in past 30 days
Customer.Orders.Where((DateTime.Now - CreatedOnUtc).TotalDays <= 30).Count() >= 2

But, Orders have OrderProductVariants rather than Items (in shopping cart):

Type  ErrorExit
Name  Can't have free items if prior orders have free items
Expression  Items.Any(ProductVariant.Price = 0) and Customer.Orders.Any(OrderProductVariants.Any(UnitPriceExclTax = 0))
Description Expression  "Sorry, I see you have a prior order with free items. Only one per customer"

This assumes you are just looking at price to determine ANY prior free items.  If you want to allow your customer to sample different free items (but not the same one), then that would be a bit more complex.
11 years ago
I am also interested in similar functionality. I envision a "Sample" button for each product that would add a sample quantity of the product to the shopping cart. It would need to work for both real and virtual products.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
10 years ago
Is there a way to do this yet for 3.0? We would like to offer a free sample product but limit it to one per customer.
10 years ago
DJ_Balogh wrote:
Is there a way to do this yet for 3.0? We would like to offer a free sample product but limit it to one per customer.

bump?

Customers are still attempting to get the free sample more than once and we have to sort them out manually.
8 years ago
BUMP!
7 years ago
BUMP AGAIN!

Really need some advice here. This kind of requirement is more common than it seems...
7 years ago
As New York indicated in the above posts, it can be achieved with this plugin and the expression he mentioned in the same post.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.