ShipRush support?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,
Does nopCommerce support or have plans to support ShipRush?
http://fedex.shiprush.com/
Thanks in advance,
--Ed
12 years ago
I did some investigation on ShipRush, and even spoke to a salesperson there.

ShipRush is a client side program that runs on a users PC.  There are also SDKs for various integration.

There are a variety of client side versions:

The FedEx version is sponsored by FedEx and it's free (for now - see below).  This version ONLY works with FedEx.  Additionally, all the integrations with eCommerce systems were developed by Z-Firms/ShipRush, not by the eCommerce system developers/community.
(I did just notice this on their pricing page "***ShipRush for Ecommerce promotion is by special agreement with FedEx, and expires on December 19, 2012", so I'm go to ask them exactly what that means)

ShipRush USPS is free of charge.  However, stamps, a postage meter, or a visit to a post office counter is needed to add postage to the parcel.

ShipRush for Stamps.com is free but requires $29.95 per month for "ShipRush-ready" Stamps.com account.

ShipRush UPS has two paid versions.  (pricing here: http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/pdf/ShipRush_Pricing_List_2011_web_ver.pdf)

All of the above client side versions use a "pull" model - The ShipRush client side program pulls orders from the eCommerce system using the eCommerce system's API (and can then push back Tracking Ids via calling an url).   The pull model means that the store owner must manually run ShipRush on the desktop and basically "query" the eCommerce system for all orders that need shipping.

There are a variety of SDKs; I think two that would probably be of interest to to nopCommerce community (IMHO).
1) ShipRush has a generic "PHP Custom cart" integration module.  Although nopCommerce is ASP.NET and not PHP, a developer could probably reverse engineer this and create a nopCommerce web service plugin.  I believe that all the above versions support this.  This would use the pull model as per above.

2) ShipRush has a Browser Plugin SDK.  This is a "push" model interface.  The Browser Plugin is essentially a button/link that a developer would drop on the web page (e.g. the admin/order/shipping page/tab), and clicking it would deliver a "document" http result that has a file association on the PC that launches ShipRush (activates it from system tray).  This would probably be the easiest integration, but would probably require direct modification of the admin order page and not be a plugin (although the "return url for tracking # could be).   (It would be nice if the nopC team consider such a hook on admin order page for future release.).   Although the plugin SDK is free, production runtimes of ShipRush cliet a re $195 per year.

So, my questions to the community:  is there any interest in this?  Are you just looking for the free versions, or a paid version?  Do you desire doing the shipping from inside nopCommerce (push model), or do you want to pull orders from the desktop?
12 years ago
Hello

I just want  to let you know that a great guy has made a plugin for shipworks. I am one of the testers of the plugin, and it works good.  Shipworks is $15 /month if less than 100 orders/month - $30 up to 1000 and $50 over 1000 orders.
Using ups is free using your UPS account - usps can be free using express 1  as a provider.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.