How much for redesigning and setting up nopcommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,
How much do you charge for redesigning (some modifications in the template like colors, logo, banners, etc) and setting up nopcommerce?. And train somebody how to enter all the products?
12 years ago
The cost depends on your requirement. If design is complicated, the cost will be higher.
You can buy user guide from nopcommerce team.
12 years ago
it's not big deal changes in redesign, just change colors put logo and some advertising, and entering just some products. The rest will be entered by them (need to give them some training though).
How much is that more or less?
12 years ago
Post your needs at here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/f/21/commercial-help-wanted.aspx

Or get a quote from nop partners https://www.nopcommerce.com/solutionpartners.aspx
11 years ago
I've been developing e-commerce sites for many years now.  I understand your question, but it is kind of like asking a contractor: How much does it cost to design and build a building?  I've heard this question too many times in my career.  I want to answer this question so that other who have the same question will find the answer as well.

Building an e-commerce site requires a lot of expertise and time.  If you've already decided to build your own storefront, then consider that it will cost you significantly more than having a store on Amazon or one of the turnkey e-commerce solutions.  Don't pick nopCommerce because it's free, but because it is what developers have evaluated and recommend.  

If you're a serious about your business, the cost of the software shouldn't be a major factor in your decision. The implementation fees will usually far exceed that.  If you're not planning on building a high quality site that is unique and makes you stand out from the crowd, then save your money and build a store on Amazon or Ebay.  According to the latest stats, Amazon does almost 30% of all online business.  That means you will do vastly better on Amazon or Ebay than polluting the net with another virtual lemonade stand.

So why would someone bother building their own e-commerce site instead of going on Amazon?  Because they want to control every part of the customer experience and add greater value to the products they are selling.  They want to control the level of presentation and customer service that is often lacking from the digital flee markets.   Consequently, they see this as enough of a value to the customer that they are willing to pay what it costs to build a strong online presence.  That cost isn't just in building the online store, but also in marketing it.

Instead of asking what does it cost to redesign and set up a nopCommerce, you should be looking for a partner who has the expertise you need.  Put the word out that you're looking for a developer and find the one that does the highest quality of work you can afford.  Have a budget in mind and keep you mind open. I've seen some amazing developers charge peanuts and a lot of horrible developers charge a fortune.  If they give you an hourly rate, pay it no mind.  A developer charging $10/hr doesn't mean your project will cost less than if a developer charging $100 did it.  Finalize your list of developers to one or two based on their past work.  Please don't waste your time or developer's time by putting projects out for bid.  It is very insulting to developers, especially the good ones.

Remember, whoever you pick will be working with you for the long haul.  You'll need their ongoing expertise.  Consequently, treat your developer like a good lawyer instead of a housemaid. Talk to your developer and make sure you have a good feeling about them and that they know what they are talking about.  Once you're done this, proceed and ask for a proposal.  If the proposal is too high, then ask them how they could make it fit your budget.  You'll be surprised by how the tiniest things adds huge amounts to the cost.  Never skimp on important features and graphic design. If you can't reach a reasonable budget, ask them to refer you to another developer who may be more flexible.  Always leave things open and friendly.

If you follow this simple process of selecting a developer, you'll have far better results.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been called in to help a desperate customer who picked the wrong developer.  I always asked how did he or she find the developer and almost unanimously they say that they put a proposal out for bid and picked the best price.  Good developers are not commodities, they are very highly skilled professionals like doctors, lawyers and engineers.
11 years ago
ralphberger wrote:
I've been developing e-commerce sites for many years now.  I understand your question, but it is kind of like asking a contractor: How much does it cost to design and build a building?  I've heard this question too many times in my career.  I want to answer this question so that other who have the same question will find the answer as well.

Building an e-commerce site requires a lot of expertise and time.  If you've already decided to build your own storefront, then consider that it will cost you significantly more than having a store on Amazon or one of the turnkey e-commerce solutions.  Don't pick nopCommerce because it's free, but because it is what developers have evaluated and recommend.  

If you're a serious about your business, the cost of the software shouldn't be a major factor in your decision. The implementation fees will usually far exceed that.  If you're not planning on building a high quality site that is unique and makes you stand out from the crowd, then save your money and build a store on Amazon or Ebay.  According to the latest stats, Amazon does almost 30% of all online business.  That means you will do vastly better on Amazon or Ebay than polluting the net with another virtual lemonade stand.

So why would someone bother building their own e-commerce site instead of going on Amazon?  Because they want to control every part of the customer experience and add greater value to the products they are selling.  They want to control the level of presentation and customer service that is often lacking from the digital flee markets.   Consequently, they see this as enough of a value to the customer that they are willing to pay what it costs to build a strong online presence.  That cost isn't just in building the online store, but also in marketing it.

Instead of asking what does it cost to redesign and set up a nopCommerce, you should be looking for a partner who has the expertise you need.  Put the word out that you're looking for a developer and find the one that does the highest quality of work you can afford.  Have a budget in mind and keep you mind open. I've seen some amazing developers charge peanuts and a lot of horrible developers charge a fortune.  If they give you an hourly rate, pay it no mind.  A developer charging $10/hr doesn't mean your project will cost less than if a developer charging $100 did it.  Finalize your list of developers to one or two based on their past work.  Please don't waste your time or developer's time by putting projects out for bid.  It is very insulting to developers, especially the good ones.

Remember, whoever you pick will be working with you for the long haul.  You'll need their ongoing expertise.  Consequently, treat your developer like a good lawyer instead of a housemaid. Talk to your developer and make sure you have a good feeling about them and that they know what they are talking about.  Once you're done this, proceed and ask for a proposal.  If the proposal is too high, then ask them how they could make it fit your budget.  You'll be surprised by how the tiniest things adds huge amounts to the cost.  Never skimp on important features and graphic design. If you can't reach a reasonable budget, ask them to refer you to another developer who may be more flexible.  Always leave things open and friendly.

If you follow this simple process of selecting a developer, you'll have far better results.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been called in to help a desperate customer who picked the wrong developer.  I always asked how did he or she find the developer and almost unanimously they say that they put a proposal out for bid and picked the best price.  Good developers are not commodities, they are very highly skilled professionals like doctors, lawyers and engineers.

I'd have to agree with all that.

Also listen to your designer and developer. They have experience and know what they are talking about.

HTH

Dave
11 years ago
Hi,
I respect your opinion and sorry if you felt that way with my question. The thing is that I'm the one who knows my own needs. Nopcommerce is ok for what  I need. I know my budget and I know also that making a ecommerce from scratch would be much more expensive than just redesigning nopcommerce.
11 years ago
You are the only one who can answer this question.

a). How long do you think it will take?

b). How much do you charge per hour?

a * b = how much you should charge.
11 years ago
No apologies needed and I wasn't offended. After rereading your spec, you want to change colors, put in some ads, and enter a few products. If this is really all you want, then just go with a nopCommerce hosting provider. Provide them with the logo, ads, and product list. Any competent hosting company should be able to do this.  I don't see it costing more than a $200 bucks. In fact, some will throw it in for free to get the business. If you know some CSS, you can do it yourself.

That said, I wouldn't call any of this redesigning. All you're really doing is using the stock themes which brings up the point I made earlier. NopCommerce is the best eCommerce solution out there, but why are using it instead of the online eBay, Amazon and all the others? How are you going to get customers to visit to your site?  If you're just providing the stock nop theme,  what value are you providing in terms of the shopping experience? What makes this site different from the rest?
11 years ago
Hi Liz

What product genre is your shop/store ? What sort of products will you be selling at your online shop ?

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.