FIXED Breadcrumb and Left Navigation for product in multiple categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
hi bcdiesel, did you manage to solve this issue?
does anyone know if the breadcrumb can be turned off if not fixed?
7 years ago
toadman,

For me in version 3.5 the fix works well.  If the item is found via search, the last category listed in the breadcrumb is the first category of which the product is a member.  This first category is highlighted in the left menu.  If the item is found by category navigation, then the last category in the breadcrumb is the category from which the item was found, and that category is highlighted in the left menu.

JohnJ
7 years ago
hi JohnJ, thanks for your response. Im using the very latest version v3.8. Im just trialing it at present. I am thinking that maybe i will need to create a different product for each category to avoid the issue. If i do it this it will add a few thousand more products. do you think that will slow my site down?
7 years ago
As with any database, the more data there is to parse, the greater the resources needed.  So the speed will depend greatly on the server's configuration.

JohnJ
7 years ago
Ok thanks ! Super quick reply !!
Do you know if there is a way to turn off the breadcrumb on the actual product page?
This would probably solve my issue.
The breadcrumb is good on the Category pages but i think prob better to be removed on the product page (when you use products in multiple categories).
7 years ago
The simplest way would likely be to hide it.  Look at the in Views for ProductTemplate.Simple.cshtml (assuming that what you're using).  Then comment out the lines below :

<!--product breadcrumb-->
@section Breadcrumb
{
    @Html.Partial("_ProductBreadcrumb", Model.Breadcrumb)
}
7 years ago
toadman,

For me in version 3.5 the fix works well.  If the item is found via search, the last category listed in the breadcrumb is the first category of which the product is a member.  This first category is highlighted in the left menu.  If the item is found by category navigation, then the last category in the breadcrumb is the category from which the item was found, and that category is highlighted in the left menu.

JohnJ

toadman,

To be clear the fix highlights the category with the highest priority (lowest display order).
7 years ago
Thank you everyone. Great help on this forum. 5 stars !!!!
7 years ago
hi cnsjohn
can you tell me where i find: ProductTemplate.Simple.cshtml?
im asusming i should ftp into the site and locate the file. Just cant find it !
Thanks !!
7 years ago
sorry found it.
for anyone else:
wwwroot  > Views >  Product
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.