Product Attributes populate with query string

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have about 5 products that have the same product attributes. These product attributes have id similar to product_attribute_90_2_13 and the same atttribute on another product might be product_attribute_100_2_13. Is there a way to populate these attributes using a query string even though the id's are different?
4 years ago
What is the query string format to include in the product page URL that will select attributes on a product page when it loads?

(For example, is there something like www.mystore.com/product?height=48?color=black that will have the product's Height attribute pre-selected to "48" and Color attribute pre-selected to "Black" when the product page loads.)

That was the simple question, here is the long story for clarification ....

I am a new nopCommerce user (version 4.20), and have been working on moving our catalog of custom-made products into the new storefront for the past 3 months. I am very impressed with the ability of nopCommerce to accommodate our many product options and conditional attributes!

Our old website includes a unique interactive product design feature that allows a customer to select product options and input specifications to design their item and see the design update on the screen instantly as they modify their selections. Once a customer is happy with their selections, they enter a quantity and click "Add to Cart", which passes a query string containing all options, specifications, quantity and price to FoxyCart.

This design interface sets us apart from competitors in our market, however it has been hurting our SEO compatibility since it is not a traditional "shopping cart" platform.

Now that the products are all available on the nopCommerce storefront (and SEO compatible!), I would like to work on recreating the design interface. When a customer is happy with their design, the button should bring them to the product page with all specifications and attributes pre-selected, so all they would have to do is adjust the quantity and hit "add to cart".

I need to know how to format the URL (query string) that the design interface calls, in order to bring the customer to the product page without having to go through and select those options again.

Judging by almost 1000 views of this thread, I suppose I am not alone in wondering this!
4 years ago
Hi

I have a really similar issue here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/79708/google-preemptive-pricing-disapproval-product-attribute-combinations

The query string idea would fix it -  did you come up with a solution?

Thanks in advance

Tony
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.