Product Attribute Combinations Issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have a site that has a simple product part (a nozzle), that comes in the 3 levels of heat resistance, each are able to handle varying quantities levels of water.

I've set up two product attributes 'Heat Resistance' & 'No. of Gallons'. I've then gone in and added the combinations we require, all with different SKUs and stock levels.

As an example:

45° (products for 4, 6 gallons)
60° (products for 2, 4, 6 gallons)
80° (products for 2, 4, 6, 8 gallons)

The product has "track inventory by product attribute" selected and I have made sure that 'allow out of stock is disallowed'. However, on the front end it allows you to select and buy combinations that don't exist. So if I select 45° in drop down 1, I can then select 2 or 8 gallons from the second drop down list, even though that combination doesn't exist. So when you select from drop down 1 it's not updating the second drop down to show the available combinations.

Have I done something incorrectly here?
10 years ago
A product option to hide combinations that don't exist will be added in the upcoming version 3.30
10 years ago
I set up some product attribute combinations for color and size. I chose "Track inventory by product attributes" for a product. When I set the inventory of a color/size combination to zero. I could choose the item in the attributes and had to click add to cart to get an out of stock message. It would be nice to be able to remove out-of-stock items from the attribute drop downs. It would also be nice to be able to display attribute combination inventory to customers.

When using product attribute combinations you get an add to cart button places (like categories)other that the product detail. Although the add to cart button shows you don't have the option to set the attribute. You can set it so that add to cart will not allow a purchase and the add to cart button takes you to the product detail. Otherwise the add to cart button will put the  first attribute combination in the cart. In this scenario it should be possible to choose color and size anywhere the add to cart button shows up.

I use color and size attributes for my products. I would like to use the attributes for color and size to affect what is returned to the customer. So if the customer is interested in a category they could ask for what was available in a color and size. If I want to return items in a particular size I have to set up both an attribute and a specification attribute. I would be better to just use the attribute for both functions. It would also be nice to be able to choose whether or not to show the customer out of stock items.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
A product option to hide combinations that don't exist will be added in the upcoming version 3.30

What is the best way to work around this in the meantime? There must be sites out there on nopCommerce selling t-shirts in various combinations of size and colour?

thanks
10 years ago
steviport wrote:
What is the best way to work around this in the meantime?

Please see changeset 3925b345682f
10 years ago
Thanks!
7 years ago
Is this issue now available in ver. 3.80

I am having the same problem.
7 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Is this issue now available in ver. 3.80

It was implemented in version 3.30 (as per posts above).

Now product details has "Allow only existing attribute combinations" checkbox (visible when "Inventory method" set to "Track inventory by product attributes"). This property indicate whether to allow adding to the cart/wishlist only attribute combinations that exist and have stock greater than zero. In this case you have to create all existing product attribute combinations that you have in stock.
7 years ago
Hello Adrei,

Thank you for your response. So it does work for Add To Cart. Is there away to hide or disabled attributes?

Regards,
Dzung

P.S Can't seem to find section to change my account username. lol.
7 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hello Adrei,

Thank you for your response. So it does work for Add To Cart. Is there away to hide or disabled attributes?

Regards,
Dzung

P.S Can't seem to find section to change my account username. lol.

Hello,

i have the same problem (version 3.80) When using Track inventory by product attribute ALL option from attribute records are displayed, not just defined attribute combination with stock>0. It's really disturbing for users.

Thanks for help in advance
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.