Suggestion: More Properties in ShippingOption

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

I found out that it would be really nice to have some extra Properties i ShippingOption when returning GetShippingOptionResponse.
My suggestions is:
- Logo
- Est. delivery date/Transport days
- Category
- Tip
- Help

Ex.

Regular (Category)
[LOGO]  By Ground ($10,00) (2014-04-11) ** Cheapest! **
Compared to other shipping methods, like by flight or over seas, ground shipping is carried out closer to the earth

Express (Category)
[LOGO] By Air ($50,00) (2014-04-07) ** Fastest! **
The one day air shipping

Real Demo
http://fraktguide.bring.no/fraktguide/demoVelgFraktalternativ.do?from=4050&to=0470&weightInGrams=1000

Kenny
10 years ago
[url=www.noptools.com]Shipping Director[/url] allows you to calculate what appears in the Description text (appears to customer under the shipping method name).  You would use an Option record's Description Expression.  You can calculate HTML that includes the image tag, and calculates the delivery date.  Use the Contact US page if you need more info.
10 years ago
Thanks for reply New York,
I have no problem filling the description text with the information i want, my suggestion is to make it easier to style and use information in a more structured way instead of just filling the desc. text with all information.
Should be a relative small effort to implement i core =)

Kenny
10 years ago
You can always "style" by modifying the View (.cshtml file).  Adding additional fields is another matter :)
8 years ago
Hi,

I agree with Kenny. And in addition to that it would be great to have an ID-field. When getting shipping options from a provider they could provide an ID to a specific shipping option. Afterwards(when booking the shipping) that piece of information could be used to specify witch shipping option the customer chose.

/Johan Davidsson
8 years ago
The "ID to a specific shipping option" is the shipping method Name.  That's what the carriers provide when you call their API.
8 years ago
New York wrote:
The "ID to a specific shipping option" is the shipping method Name.  That's what the carriers provide when you call their API.

This is obviously different from different carriers. The carrier I use works this way:

Name is the name of the carrier (i.e. DBSchenker).

Description is the name of the service (i.e. DBSchenkerParcel - Same day delivery OR DBSchenker - Next day delivery)

ID is the integer ID of the service (i.e. 86 OR 34)

Delivery time is the amount of time the delivery takes (i.e. 1-2 days)

Note that one carrier could have several different shipping options. When booking the shipping I need to specify the ID, in this case 86, not the name of the carrier. I would like to store the ID somewhere between when the customer chooses the shipping option and when I as a store owner should book the freight, and the only option right now is either Name or Description.
8 years ago
Actually, Description is not stored.   Note the Order table in the database:

,[ShippingMethod]
      ,[ShippingRateComputationMethodSystemName]
      ,[CustomValuesXml]

The workaround would be to suffix the Name (ShippingMethod) with the Id.  Otherwise, use CustomValuesXml (which would require change to admin order page, so that store owner could see it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.