color squares not working on grouped product?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Looks like color squares feature is not showing on grouped product page.  This is an example of what I did to create color squares, not sure if it's correct:

-On grouped product (visible individually marked), create product attribute Color
-Have 2 values in product attribute with the following properties:
                -type = Associated to product
                -picture = the corresponding associated product
                -color square from color picker

Anyone got this to work?  Thanks for your help.
9 years ago
You should not add attributes to a grouped product. For grouped products you should add associated products (not associated atributes) and then add attributes to them. Are you sure that you need a grouped product type and not a simple one?
9 years ago
Thanks for your response.

I use grouped product because it has the same model # but different colors with different UPC's.  I need to store and track the UPC because our store is also on Amazon where the UPC is like the unique identifier in their catalog.

It probably doesn't make sense to use color squares in this case.  What I actually want is to have color squares to show up on the product grid, not product detail page, so people know there are more colors available for a particular product, before scrolling away, like:  http://www.toryburch.com/clothing/sweaters/?icampid=cl_cm3txt.  This is on my todo's.
9 years ago
Figured out you could use attribute combinations which allow stock quantity & UPC.  So yes single product is fine in this case.  Thing is stock quantity and UPC are not updated upon picking a color.....more todo's for me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.