Add Disclaimer Text to Bottom of All Product Detail Pages

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi

I'm new to NC.  I'd like to add a general disclaimer text to be automatically applied to the bottom of all product detail pages.  Is this possible?  Hopefully it is easy!

Thanks much!
9 years ago
chasquad wrote:
Hi

I'm new to NC.  I'd like to add a general disclaimer text to be automatically applied to the bottom of all product detail pages.  Is this possible?  Hopefully it is easy!

Thanks much!

Hi,

You can do this by going to your theme - find Product Template (there are two templates - Simple & Grouped. And add the disclaimer text where you needed. For example, look at this template... here https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#src/Presentation/Nop.Web/Views/Product/ProductTemplate.Simple.cshtml (note this is the template from nop default views. You should make changes into your theme's View folder.) Copy and move file to your theme folder if it doesn't exist in your theme. You can do this change in one of the partial template as well depending on your requirements.

Also make sure to use localized resource to add text - so you can change it for each language from admin panel when needed.
9 years ago
Thanks for that information.  I only use simple products so this should be easy.  Looking at the simple product template from the link that you sent makes me think that my static text would go beneath the full description.  I'm thinking that a line would be inserted after the } and before the </div>

{
                       <div class="full-description" itemprop="description">
                           @Html.Raw(Model.FullDescription)
                       </div>
                   }
               </div>

I'm not sure how to add code that just provides a text statement.  I'm not a developer, so any help would be appreciated.  I just need to state something like:  

"All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names, product descriptions and logos appearing on this site are the property of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved."

Thanks!
9 years ago
If you are wanting that text to display right at the end of the full product description, changing that code to the following should do it for you:

{
<div class="full-description" itemprop="description">
@Html.Raw(Model.FullDescription)
<p>All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names, product descriptions and logos appearing on this site are the property of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.</p>
</div>
}
</div>

It will only show up if the Model.FullDescription is not null or empty.  If you do not have a full description, then you will have to move the text outside of the if statement surrounding this code in the ProductTemplate.Simple.cshtml
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.