Can I upgrade nopcommerce 1.8 to 3.5 by any chance?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi all

I am newbie in nopcommerce, and want to  upgrade my old version 1.8 to version 3.5. My old 1.8 version site is up running and have got lots of data in it including products/ customers and orders.

any suggestion would be helpful about the best way to do upgrade process please.

Many thanks in advance.

Prabir
9 years ago
prabirchoudhury wrote:
Hi all

I am newbie in nopcommerce, and want to  upgrade my old version 1.8 to version 3.5. My old 1.8 version site is up running and have got lots of data in it including products/ customers and orders.

any suggestion would be helpful about the best way to do upgrade process please.

Many thanks in advance.

Prabir

Yes, you can upgrade from 1.8 to 3.5.  Just make sure you do it in steps... first upgrade to 1.9 and so on.   Also, make sure to follow the steps in the info text with each upgrade script.  

Before you upgrade you should backup everything.  If possible, create a copy of your database and do the upgrade on the copy of your database and files.  This way you can do the upgrade on a sub domain and make sure it is working before you move the new version of your website to your main domain.  

For more info see the following:   http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/nc/Upgrading+nopCommerce
9 years ago
Hi Tim

Many thanks for your response and much appreciated for your quick response. I would follow the steps.

Cheers
9 years ago
No problem.  Let me know if you run into any trouble.
9 years ago
Hi Tim

On the instruction it is saying i need to run upgrade script nut for version 1.9 there is no script available to download. how this could be upgraded without sql script?

Cheers

Prabir
9 years ago
In nopcommerce 1.9(no source) zip file, the upgrade script is in Install>Scripts directory.
Make sure you made a backup copy of everything including the database before doing anything further
9 years ago
Many thanks Lucho, that's helpful.
9 years ago
prabirchoudhury wrote:
Many thanks Lucho, that's helpful.

Hi!
As a plus:
... be careful, after upgrade pc environment u won't "have chance" comeback to older vertions.
... this task not for newbie in nopcommerce ... just belive me ... and don't give up )
Best regards.
9 years ago
Thanks for your response abch.

on the first upgrade from nopCommerce 1.8 to 1.9 having missing assembly reference issue.

using NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Infrastructure;

Error msg: this type of namespace name "Infrastructure" does not exist in "NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic" assembly missing. how to get this reference.

Would be great to have any help. thanks.

Cheers
9 years ago
I am lost after upgrading 1.8 to 1.9. 2.0 is not taking getting products and orders records. is that possible to get records from 1.9 database to other.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.