Suggestion: Keep single rating system for extensions pages. Also have threaded reply to reviews.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Why do we have separate rating and review system for extensions page? People usually tend to submit the reviews which do not count towards the overall rating of the product.

It'd be better to have a single rating and review system just like NopCommerce has. And the review text can be made optional so that people are not forced to enter anything.

With the current system, user enters one of the two and only the top one counts for overall rating.

Also, whenever a vendor has to reply to a review, he submits another review with rating 5 star. Instead it'd be better to have a threaded reply which doesn't ask for any rating.

Obviously not an urgent thing to do, but it's worth it :)
8 years ago
Agreed +1.
8 years ago
Hi Anshul,

Thanks a lot for suggestions! I also agree about it. I've just created a work item for this task.

P.S. Separate ratings and reviews were part of 1.X versions. We dropped them in version 2.00.
8 years ago
+1
And one is the review/rating feature and another is one for Q&A
8 years ago
Question and reply feature would be awesome.
8 years ago
And finally done. Now we have reviews only. Please note that now we do not allow to use reviews to ask questions. If a customers needs some support from the extension developer, then he/she should use the "contact developer" button on the extensions details page to send PM (private message) to the developer.

P.S. We're also going to delete some existing questions posted as questions in order to avoid situations when some plugins are top-rated just because of conversion between a developer and a user.
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
And finally done. Now we have reviews only. Please note that now we do not allow to use reviews to ask questions. If a customers needs some support from the extension developer, then he/she should use the "contact developer" button on the extensions details page to send PM (private message) to the developer.

Great!!!! Thanks
a.m. wrote:

P.S. We're also going to delete some existing questions posted as questions in order to avoid situations when some plugins are top-rated just because of conversion between a developer and a user

Sorry I am not clear.

Post will delete from this discussion?
8 years ago
sohelcse10_duet wrote:
Post will delete from this discussion?

No. I mean extension reviews that actually were not reviews but questions. Previously users and vendors used reviews  functionality to discuss something. Now they can (and should) use private messages for such purposes. Otherwise, it would quite easy to get very good ratings this way.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.