[Project Sharing - DATABASE] "There is no Database Instance"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Good Morning everyone,

This is my first experience using nopCommerce.

A colleague of mine sent me an updated project version we are currently starting to work on. But everytime I build the project and run it on google chrome, it states that there is no database instance.

Using Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio I already created and updated the database.

So i'm guessing it has to do with database pathing configuration? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

My question is:

1) How to change database pathing?

2) Is there any normalized way to share nopCommerce projects between colleagues?

Thank you for your time.
8 years ago
There is a file on Nop.Web\App_Data\Settings.txt that indicates the db server, db name, credentials.

Just change that file
[assume that your SQL server name: Admin-PC, DB Name : nopDB and you are using windows credential] with the following

DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=Admin-PC;Initial Catalog=nopDB;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False

if Settings.txt file does not exists then create one with the above text.
8 years ago
Thanks for such a fast response. It worked, thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.