Slow Page Loading Speed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
We recently put our site on Everleap with a Medium-Reserved Sever multi-site Plan that comes with 2GB RAM. it is kind of slow despite we've upgraded to this current one. We only have a couple hundreds products on the site, and since it is under testing, we don't have much traffic either. The theme itself is purchased from Nop-template and seems to be a reasonably optimized theme and they'v already helped conduct some audit and optimization.

Just wonder if any one has similar issue with using Everleap's service for NopCommerce, any recommendations in regard to other hosting services and diagnostic, optimization is appreciated.
7 years ago
I am wondering people's experience using Azure hosting too in terms of the loading speed. If anybody can speak of that, that is great.
7 years ago
On a shared hosting environment, 2gb really isn't enough.

There is one thing you can do to speed things up with your current amount of RAM.

Un-install and remove any plugins from your local plugins list that you aren't using so that they will not load into RAM when the site first spins up. This will leave more available RAM for visitor threads.

Also, I have to say that I was/am very impressed with how quickly nop sites run on the shared .NET Advance plan at SmarterASP.net. I've got a client there with several hundred products with multiple attributes, and many discounts, and it's damn quick.
7 years ago
Thanks Embryo. I confirmed that it is actually dedicated server. i am paying $110/month now, not sure if it is overpaying. i am testing their larger dedicated server, it runs slightly faster. However, so not to a point at which I feel completely satisfactory.

You are probably right that uninstalling the unused plugins may be a good way to improve the loading speed, so we can try to gain some loading speed back from that front.  

Thanks for recommending the new hosting site, I will definitely check it out.
7 years ago
We did some tests with nop ind Azure, Amazon, Everleap and Arvixe, using the default clean theme, and some others themes. We had some conclusions:

-Some themes are very heavy to run in small enviroments, and demands higher processors
-In small environments light themes are faster, the speed difference is big
-Azure is fastest than the others

Did you tried Azure? Make a test using their service application, worth the try.
We have store tests in Azure to test our plugins.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.