Upgrade to 4.0 from 3.9 Not all is well

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I created 2 websites in 3.90. Then when 4.0 came out, I upgraded both. Things seem to be running okay, however little things didn't seem quite right. On my Admin screen General Settings - the marketplace link is not visible under the theme thumbnails. Lower down the setting labels run off the page.

Recently I purchased a theme labeled as 4.0 compatible. It loads but bombs. I have tried it on both sites same issues. So I backed up my database and files, wiped my server and re-loaded fresh non-source files. Put back my settings files but still no luck.

I know the theme works in 4.0 because I created an all new clean 4.0 no-source site. The theme works just fine there.

Hoping someone recognizes my issue and has a great suggestion. One thought I had was to delete site and start over with fresh 4.0 install... but I have like 300 products in various categories. Also things like content in pages. Not sure how I would efficiently transfer over all that stuff.

Thank you anyone for suggestions!
Greg
5 years ago
I have linked some images showing the Admin Screen. You can see how the labels are overwriting the left navigation. I am using Chrome and have the same issue on multiple computers. As I mentioned, I have deleted and re-loaded all the files. So my best guess is there is some issue with my database. I really don't want to have to start all over because I have a couple hundred products and not sure the best way to handle the data transfer. The images are stored in the database.

Thanks,
Greg
5 years ago
Possibly missing some Language Resources Strings which should get installed during the upgrade process.  

In Configuration > Languages > Edit Languages
> String Resources

Search for this:

admin.configuration.settings.generalcommon.popupfortermsofservicelinks

If it doesn't exist, perhaps you may need to rerun the SQL script that added it.
5 years ago
Thank you SWW for the response. I did search for the setting as you suggested. I can not find it. So I re-ran the 3.90 to 4.0 script, and then wiped all the files on the server and re-uploaded fresh (No-source 4.0 files), copied the config files back. Still no luck. Any thoughts on how I can get my database to be correctly 4.0? I could do a total clean install, but then I would have the issue of re-adding all my products. The images are stored in the database, so I couldn't even do the catalog export/import thing.

5 years ago
The above language resource is definitely in the upgrade3.9to4.0.sql upgrade script file as I searched and found it.

I had similar problems and had to run the scripts in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.  Other methods did not work.

That's the best I can offer.  Good luck.
5 years ago
SWW - You are a genus!! I installed SQL Server Management, ran the same script. Now everything is exactly as I would  expect it to be. Thanks again, hours of my life wasted. Oh well, live and learn right?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.