Tax Rate Plugin Already Exists

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hi,

Currently, our tax is showing zero and we want it to display sale tax for just our state.  When I tried to configure in tax section of the admin panel, it says there are no tax providers.

I know some people are having this same issue, so I looked on the forum and found this post, however it did not resolve:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/44635/there-is-already-an-object-named-taxrate-in-the-database.aspx

Here are my steps:

- I went to the plugin section and found the tax rate plugin displayed NOT installed in back end.  
- When I try to install I get the error that it already exists. (There is already an object named 'TaxRate' in the database.)  
- I checked \App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt file and the plugin was already there.
- I removed, readded, reloaded plugins, cleared cache, restarted app.
- Same issue. I am not experienced with manipulating database tables, so hope there is another way to resolve this without messing with the database.

I would add screenshots here if there was a way to do so.

Appreciate your help.
5 years ago
That error is typical if the database table already exists during installation.  I would suggest deleting the table.  If you are using SQL Server with the management console, find the table, right click and hit delete.

It would be good to have a backup of the database before you do this...  Just in case.  You can do that by right clicking on the database, selecting 'Tasks' and then 'Backup...'.  There are lots of how-to's for this if you google it.

What version of Nop are you running?
5 years ago
Hi Mitch,

We are running a compiled web version 3.9.  Yikes, I worry about messing with the tables, but it sounds like that's my only choice.  I can make a backup.  Is there anything else I need to know about this process?  In otherwords, I delete the table then just reinstall?

Thanks for the prompt response.
5 years ago
The value in the installed plugins file is specific to the plugin and basically tells Nop that it is installed.   If the value is not there, Nop will run the install code within the plugin.  In general, you want this to happen because Nop doesn't really know what needs to be done to install the plugin, the plugin knows this.  If the plugin name is in the file, as far as Nop is concerned the plugin is installed and properly configured.

If you want to try the InstalledPlugins.txt file trick one more time, this should be the string you use for the plugin:

Tax.FixedOrByCountryStateZip
5 years ago
Turns out the string you provided is the correct one and the .txt file worked!

Thanks very much Mitch.
5 years ago
No problem
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.