error 404

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I constantly see the

error 404:  the requested page (/en/caps-1244) was not found
error 404:  the requested page (/en/knit-cap-cp90-1) was not found

I removed the language but something is looking for the url with the /en on it.
5 years ago
Hi,

I guess you see these errors in the System Log.

Check which was the current customer when the error was logged. If it is "builtin@search_engine_record.com" most probably this URL was cached and the robots/crawlers are trying to access the page. In that case, you shouldn't worry about these errors.

Regards,
Stoyan
4 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi,

I guess you see these errors in the System Log.

Check which was the current customer when the error was logged. If it is "builtin@search_engine_record.com" most probably this URL was cached and the robots/crawlers are trying to access the page. In that case, you shouldn't worry about these errors.

Regards,
Stoyan

Its usually occurs on my website & make me feel so confuse. I have to clear cache and restart the application .Is there any way to fix it?
4 years ago
Hi,

You can exclude the URLs which are generating the 404 error by adding them to the "robots.custom.txt" file. This way you will tell the search engines to skip these pages.

There is more information on how to build this file and how to use it in the forum. Just search for "robots.custom.txt".

Regards,
Stoyan
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.