Feature Request: Provide ways to display additional product information on shopping cart summary

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I have looked up the view component for OrderSummary and apparently, it lacks a lot of customizations. There are only widget locations before and after the summary as well as the cart footer, but none inside the order summary table. Also, if the product has some specification attributes, those attributes will not be displayed in the summary but only for the product attributes.

My suggestion is that either adding some widget zones to the order summary table, where developers can add additional information from the plugins to the product within the summary table or providing options for custom attributes to be displayed within the order summary.
4 years ago
Hi.

You can add how many widget zones you want and you can also use them in your customization, plugins and sometimes, 3rd party plugins too.
4 years ago
nop-world.com wrote:
Hi.

You can add how many widget zones you want and you can also use them in your customization, plugins and sometimes, 3rd party plugins too.

Yes I know I can do that. However, I would like to have Nop to include those by default or at least provide an option in the setting as I would like to minimize the modification of the core framework to the minimal. When developing my plugin, I avoided touch the core logic since they can change anytime and I don't think it is a good idea to rely on those changes. It is better to just extend the existing things in Nop from the plugin standpoint.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.