Can we include shipping names and addresses in the customer search?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
We have had a NopCommerce website for many years and have just had it updated.

In the 'Customers' section we can search on Company, which gives us the invoice contact but is there a way to search on the shipping contact address?

To explain - we have customers that ring and email us to order and we would like to use the website for their orders also to by us inputting them.

Many of these customers have an accounts payable address as their invoice address but the person contacting me would be from a different address, so in the external system I use now, I search their name or their shipping address to find the overall account. Obviously from a company point of view, we want all their information together.

Is there any way of being able to include shipping names and addresses in the customer search?

Many thanks.
Karen
4 years ago
Not without customization.  But, you may want to consider adding the address search criteria to the Orders page, not the Customers page, because...
Customers don't have "shipping address".  Customers have addresses, but addresses can be either billing or shipping and are selected when the customer checks out, so shipping and billing addresses are properties of the Order.
4 years ago
Dear Karen,

this functionality is not providing by default nopCommerce so it will be only possible via customization or plugin.
And we have already develop this for our one of the customer. If you send me PM.

Thank you!
Ashvin
4 years ago
Thanks both for your responses. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure searching in the orders will help, as I would be searching BEFORE the order was placed. The purpose of searching would be to place the order for them when they ring or email.
For example if the Invoice address was Argos in Swindon but Joe Bloggs that was ordering was in Argos in Carmarthen - in the system I use now, I can search Bloggs (or his postcode in Carmarthen) and find him. Then when I open the account it is sitting as a 'Shipping' address on the Argos Swindon Invoice account. On that same Invoice account, I could have lots of Shipping addresses and it's these Shipping address people that contact me, not the Invoice people.
I would therefore need to search in the Customer area to find these Shipping address contacts (connected as shipping addresses to Argos in Swindon Invoice address) and place the order on that account for them.

I really appreciate both of you taking the time to reply.

Many thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.